Chapter 25

2 Months Later
August 9, 2016
Shannon's pov

2 months, and not a single word from Ayana. You'd think she had left for good, but I don't think so.

Come to find out Ayana's ex, Nate, only wanted Ayana. He had Ayana drop Dinah off at the police station that night, but Ayana didn't want to let Dinah go. Nate took Dinah from her, and threw on the ground like a fucking doll. Dinah had a moderate concussion, aka grade 2, where her symptoms lasted longer than 15 minutes. Since she's young it didn't last too long, thankfully.

"Daddy, when is mommy gonna come back?" Dinah says out of the blue, making me look down at her. "I miss her a lot." She adds, making me reminisce all the good times we had as a family.

I could understand why she asked. We were watching the movie, Lilo & Stitch; part of our monthly Disney marathon (that Ayana had started), in Ayana and I's bedroom. It was the part where Lilo looked at the picture of her, Nani, and her parents.

"I'm not sure, princess." I sigh, Dinah nodding slightly.

She moves from my side to climb into my lap. She cuddles her head into the crook of my neck, her right hand clutching on to my white t-shirt while her left played with my hair. She continued watching the movie, reminding me so much of Ayana.

Anything I do or say, reminds me of Ayana and I can't even help it. Yeah, Dinah may look like me, but got damn it if she didn't remind me of Ayana so much. She had my looks, and Ayana's personality, which of course was an amazing combination, if Ayana was here.

Every day, I call Adam to see if anything came up, but there's never an update. As he put it, it's like they both dropped off the grid and off the side of the earth.

I sigh, deciding to turn off the movie. Dinah doesn't even budge, make me wonder if she's asleep.

"Princess?" I whisper.

"Yeah?" She replies, letting me know she's still awake.

"I miss mommy too."