Chapter 28

"We've tracked the number, and should be able to get some people out there to get Ayana." Adam explains, as we sit in his office.

"I want to be there." I explain. "I want to be there for my wife. So, I'm coming with you."

Adam nods, understanding where I'm coming from.

"Alright. We head there tomorrow, and we'll get her back." Adam says, me nodding. "See you in the morning."

"Later Adam, and thanks again." I say, leaving the police department.

I head over to Dinah's play date, picking her up. I put her in her car seat, before driving home.

"Daddy, is mommy ever coming back?" Dinah questions out of the blue.

"Yes. Yes she is." I reply.

"Okay." I can practically hear the grin in her voice, knowing she'll be able to have a mom again.

Next Day
August 16
7:30 a.m.

"Be good for uncle J, alright?" I say, looking at Dinah.

"Of course I will." Dinah smiles, making me smile. "Get mommy back, okay?" Dinah copies me, making me chuckle.

"Of course I will." I kiss her cheek, hugging her. "I'll keep you posted, alright?" I stand up, talking to Jared.

"Okay." He nods.

"And thanks for watching Dinah." I add, J chuckling.

"Shan, would you please go before we cry and you miss your plane?" J jokes, before we hug each other. "Love you big bro."

"Love you too, J." With that being said and done, I let him go and walk to the terminal.

I turn around and give them one more wave, boarding the plane.