Chapter 27

"Holy shit, Ayana!" I yell, ecstatic an understatement right now.

"Daddy, bad word!" Dinah scolds me.

"And I'm so sorry, princess." I kiss the top of her head. "Baby girl, where are you? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. A little roughed up, but I'm fine." Ayana sighs. "God, it's just so good to hear you. You don't even know how much I miss you."

"I wanna talk to mommy." Dinah says, me putting the phone on speaker. "Hi mommy!"

"Hi baby! Are you giving daddy a hard time?" Ayana questions.

"No, I'm helping him around the house." Dinah answers.

"Hey lil A." J greets, Ayana gasping.

"Oh my God, hey J! What's been going on?" I laugh at her shock.

Unlike her and her sister, I didn't get to see Jared whenever I wanted to. He lived in Manhattan, which was a 1 hour and 30 minute drive, from here. Usually J would come for the holidays and special events, and stay for a few days.

"Nothing much, but I've heard about everything. Are you safe?" J asks, my heart thumping rapidly as we wait for an answer.

"Um, am I still on speaker?" Ayana mumbles.

"Yeah, why?" I question, confused at her response.

"Hey, princess. Can you go play with your toys right now? I need to talk to daddy and uncle J." Ayana explains, me and Jared exchanging a look of confusion.

"Okay, mommy." Dinah complies, J putting her down. "I love you."

"I love you too, princess." With that being said, Dinah runs upstairs to her room, the sound of Spongebob's laugh coming from upstairs.

"Ayana, where are you right now?" I question, Jared and I going back into the kitchen.

"I'm in California. LA, if I'm not incorrect." Ayana explains. "Nate brought me out here, using my car, and having me drive every once in the while."

"But, I had Adam do a search for your car and—" Ayana cuts me off.

"He took the license plate off the car, so we couldn't couldn't be tracked and put a different one on." Ayana explains.

"So, what phone are you calling from? His?" J asks.

"Yeah, he's not here right now, and left his phone." Ayana answers, noise occurring in the background. "He's back. I love you guys."

Before either one of us are able to reply, the call ends. I dial a number on the phone, J giving me a confused look.

"Who are you calling?"

"Adam."