Visit

A week later

" Are you going to stay home today, Chris? " I asked as we sat back onto the couch with Royalty playing with her blocks in front of us.

" Yeah, why? Where you trying to go? " he said with his eyes still in his phone.

" To the county "

" What you trying to go up there for ? " he asked looking up

" To visit someone " I said as I fidgeted with my fingers

" Who? Only person I know locked up is.. Alicia" he said slowly

" Bingo "

" But this the same woman that kidnapped our daughter for damn near a month , and tried to tear us apart , she should be the last person you wanna see. " he said frowning

" I just wanna talk to her , y- " I started before he cut me off.

" What you wanna talk about ? You know everything already " he said mugging me

I don't know why he's so upset like he's hiding something and he doesn't want me to find out from her.

" No, I don't. " I said rolling my eyes

" You know she did all this because of me, how
much more you need to know " he said making a straight face

" Just closure "

" Closure on what ? "

" Don't worry , Chris. Are you going to watch Royalty or no? " I said standing up.

" No. I'm not , you don't need to be going there"

" Fine then I'll take her to my moms. I already scheduled my visit so I'm not backing out of it." I said walking to Royalty

" Maria, I said you not going "

" And , Chris, last time I checked you weren't my father. You talk to her like that , not me " I said eyeing Royalty as I walked past Chris and up the stairs.

I got her diaper bag, changed her clothes and fixed her hair then headed back downstairs with that, and what I needed.

" See you later " I said with Royalty on my hip and leaving out the house.

I understand all the reasons why he doesn't want me to go but if anything, he should be wanting closure as well.

I just want to know what was her main purposes of this, yeah I know it was because Chris but what made her go to this extreme. I know it was more than just Chris, unless this bitch is just dick crazy forreal.

I strapped Royalty in and looked up to see Chris at the front door mugging me as I walked to the drivers side of my truck. He think I care cause he mad. I don't, he gone be mad anyway.

I got in and headed to my moms place.

After driving for at least 10 minutes, I arrived there.

I got out, grabbed Royalty and her diaper bag as I headed to the steps of my moms place.

I knocked a few times then she opened the door, with a surprised expression.

" Long time no see, my babies! " she said pulling us into a hug.

" Hey mom! " I said squeezing her back in return.

" So you just cut your mom off, huh? " she said as she pushed the door open wider to let us in.

" No mom, you know I didn't, just a lot been going on. I'm sorry " I said kissing her cheek.

" It's Okay... Please tell me my grand baby here to stay for a while, I haven't spent time with her in a while " she said taking her from me.