~*~ Prologue ~*~

" Secretary, call a few Officers to my office." 

Chief said standing at the secretary desk. His dark navy blue uniform clean and pressed. His belt was polished. Along with his clockwork arm clean and polished. A strap was keeping it secure under his arm and his hat rested upon his head. The badge he wore was also polished along with the one on his hat.

" Yes sir, who?"

" Henry, Mark, Lu-" 

The hound canned his head forward his brown eyes narrowed and his black nose wrinkling. His black ears twitched slightly under his hat. 

" I can do it!" A officer ran forward. His eyes bright.

" Preston, what did I say about interrupting?"

" Sorry Sir.  Please! Let me try!"

The Chief looked at Preston for a few minutes.

" No. I already have a elite group. You are not apart of it. Go back to city duty, policeman. Or you will be lower then everyone else!" He barked at Preston.

Preston stepped back. A feeling of rage and hurt flooded over him. The young officer turned placing his hat on his head his pointed ears being covered by the tall cap. His dark brown eyes narrowed. He then proceeded forward putting his hands to his face.

His white fur going down his short muzzle was smooth and neatened.

Along with the brown fur surrounding it. His mechanical clockwork ticked as it was strapped to his hand much like his Chief's.

He passed other officers as the walked towards the wooden doors.

Why can't they understand!? 

Preston pushed the doors open stepping onto the cobblestone street.

 He boots clicking upon it.

I will prove to them one day!

They all will be proved wrong!