~*~ Chapter 17 ~*~

" Show yourself, coward!" Charles shouted. His gun raised. Both hands held onto the gun.

" My pleasure." The Silent Killer stepped out from the shadows. He lit a candle, which illuminated light across the bottom floor. Stairs led way to the next floor. His dark leather mask creaked as he stepped forward more. His green murky eyes showed no emotion. 

" Put your hands up!" Charles growled.

" Hah! You think I would go down easily? Fool!" The basenji took off his trench coat and threw it to the floor.

" Hands up!" Charles barked again.

Hadrian stood. His gun aimed at the murder. His heart beat fast in his chest. The Silent Killer looked right into Hadrian's eyes. " Last warning!"

Wait, Ch-

Charles shot a warning shot.

" I was waiting for that." The Silent Killer chuckled. He ran forward punching Charles numerous times in the face. The siberian husky fell to the floor, dragging The Silent Killer with him.

" Hadrian! Pin him!" Charles called.

Hadrian ran forward.

" Father! What a surprise." Hadrian went frozen. The golden retriever looked at the stairs.

There, his son stood. The young golden retriever wore a leather mask only covering the top part of his snout. His eyes were not visible, due to the blue glass blocking them. The young dog wore a long sleeve shirt and pants. A belt kept up his pants. He also wore gloves with gears so shiny they blinded Hadrian.

" No, Jared.."

" Jared!? Who is this Jared you speak of! The name is, Perch now!"

My son, oh, my son..

" H- Hadrian! Get him! Shoot!" Charles and The Silent Killer were still wrestling. Seconds after, another shot went off. Hadrian wiped around. Charles lay on the floor, his leg gushing with blood. Hadrian started to walk over, conscious slowly coming back. " No! Get him! I will be fine!" Charles said, ripping his coat off to soak the blood.

The Silent Killer stood, walking.. He walked over to Perch patting him on the head. " Fast learner." 

Hadrian looked at The Silent Killer.

Something, He longed something..

" Go, son, get him! Make me proud!" The Silent Killer cackled. Perch took a sharp knife out of his pant pocket. " I grew tired of you. I grew tired of you leaving and not seeing you for more then a day. I grew tired of Mother's responses to be endless questions." Hadrian bended his knees slighting, pointing the gun.

I can't shoot my own son! I can't!

Hadrian quickly glanced at Charles. He watched as Charles winced in pain.

" You should have seen her face when I stabbed her! Oh! " Hadrian.. I'm sorry... I have raised a monster..." So pathetic!

You are a monster. I should have seen the sighns, she warned me..

A monster I can not fix, but a murder I will not be..

Hadrian narrowed his eyes.

Perch then ran forward. He tripped Hadrian making him lose his gun.

Hadrian dodged a punch.

Perch then swiped his nose with the knife. Blood trickled. Hadrian shoved Perch off. Perch then leaped kicking him right in the face. Hadrian stumbled back. He wiped the blood off his forehead. Perch chucked the knife at Hadrian, the officer then dived to the side.

He reached for a pair of stray handcuffs. The metal being heavy.

Perch walked over stepping on his hand. Hadrian yelped in pain. " You always left, and doubted me.. now, you won't have to worry about that anymore." Hadrian growled.

" Since you learned everything from The Silent Killer... tell me, did he teach you this?" Hadrian then used his legs and abes to twirl around. This then knocked Perch over, sending his mask flying. 

He thumped on the floor.

Hadrian quickly snagged the handcuffs and flipped his son over. He handcuffed him then putting him against the wall. He lay unconscious.

" Bravo." The Silent Killer clapped.

He stepped off the stairwell.

" Now, the real battle begins."