~*~ Chapter 1 ~*~

A officer walked down the cobblestone streets.

He gaze flickered to the numerous people that passed him. Their suits and dresses were cleaned and pressed. Their caps and top hats resting upon their ears or covering them and the clockwork gears covering at least some part of their clothing. On their hands sometimes leather or sometimes even in their clothes.

Cars moved by in the cobblestone streets. Their fragile frame visible.

A young boy, a golden retriever, stood next to a lamp shouting out the newspaper. His cap rested upon his head being also a home for his goggles. On his leg more golden clockwork staying put with a strap.

The officer looked up to the sky seeing exhaust enter it. He also spotted the factory and could hear the train as it came to a stop outside of the big city.

He then looked both ways before crossing the street with many other cavillins. Shops and restaurants were bustling with people as the officer made it to the other side.

" Morning, Hadrian!" He called.

" Morning Jared." He said dipping his hat.

He then walked over to his son.

" How is work Father?" Jared said calling out the newspaper once more.

" Good." He said scratching his golden fur and his floppy golden ears dropping off of his head. His brown eyes scanned the city once more.

He stood straight.

" Two for the morning, Jared."A old jack russle said. His put his spectacles on handing the boy his money. " Thank you sir!" Jared called out.

Hadrian waved to the man.

" Ah! Officer Matthews! How has the morning been?" He asked.

" Good,  you Mr. Higgins?"

" Very well thank you. Now off to work!" He joked waving as he left. Hadrian waved back.

" Well, Jared I best be going. I have to continue to patrol."

" Alright Father. See you at dinner." Jared said calling out the newspaper once more.