~*~ Chapter 10 ~*~

Hadrian pushed aside the hole-torn sheets.

He then scratched his shirt before making his way to the kitchen. Morning sunlight seeped into the dark room. " Morning." Merek said.

" Morning."

Hadrian sat down in the wooden chair.

He peered outside seeing dogs walking toward a building. He also saw some chat and bark at one another. A few carried loaves of bread. 

Charles soon followed behind. He touched his goggle making sure it was secure. 

" I will head out to the food house." Merek said standing.

" You have a food house? I thought you have to beg for food." Hadrian questioned.

" You have two options: beg for food yourself or let the community do it for you. We all are in the same position." Merek said smoothly. He then walked to the wooden door.

He grabbed a tattered leather jacket from a hook and put it on.

He then grabbed his goggles slipping them on his cap.

The old dog then left the house.

Hadrian looked at the window more. He saw other dogs walking to the entrance of the encloser. In their hands cardboard sighns with words on them. The dogs Hadrian saw before on the ground started to shift being awoken from the noise. He saw others rise and go and grab food.

From the food house dogs were handed loaves of bread, bruised apples, and small cups of water. Merek stood in line shivering slightly from the fall air. The wind tugged at his fur and his eyes were unmoving.

He shows such little expression. 

Hadrian then turned facing Charles.

" We need to find our target." Charles said talking curtly.

" Yes, we do, but where would he be? Who knows where he is?" Hadrian said.

" We need to ask Merek. He said he knows victims. That could help us. We can gather information." Hadrian sat pondering on the thought of Charles's words.

" We should wait." Hadrian said finally responding.

" Why? Now is our time!"

" Just trust me on this one, please! We need more time to observe." Hadrian said leaning forward. His brown eyes started to narrow.

Charles's light blue eyes narrowed. His thought being only to go by his own beat.

" Observe what?"

" To make sure there are no spies."

" Spies? Are you mad!? The chief did not say the target has a system!"

" How would he know everything?"

" Fine." Charles said.

Hadrian then went silent. He peered out of the glass window once again. He looked to the police officers. Both of them stood standing next to each other. The two bulldogs scanned the area.

How come I have never seen them before? How long have they been here before? And how come I have never heard of their names before?

Merek continued to stand.