~*~ Chapter 13 ~*~

Hadrian sat on the stone steps. Snow began to fall. It sprinkled his leather coat tickled his nose.

The Golden reterives's fur was not long after damp.

As he sat a American Pit Bull terrier passed him. The young man dipped his hat to Hadrian. His old, torn, and hole covered hat. Hadrian smiled back and waved. Charles then sat down next to him a gleam of interest in his eyes. His blue eyes gazed at Hadrian's. " Hey, good idea yesterday with freezing the bread. I apologize for for my anger towards you."

" Thanks." Hadrian mumbled. He then smirked.

Hadrian grabbed up a scoop of snow from the buried cobblestone and chucked it at Charles's face.

Charles growled jokingly before grabbing some snow himself.

The two then began a snow fight. As the flying compacted balls of snow soared the snow began to fall more heavily.

Dogs began to stare.

They had no expression on their face. Only interest. No one shouted.

Hadrian dodged and chucked as Charles was hit many times. Charles then chuckled as Hadrian was hit right on the snout. A few minutes later Merek came out. He grumbled at first before asking to join.

" You know, these old bones haven't had a snowball fight in decades!" He barked.

" Oh come on Merek, Have some fun!" Hadrian said.

Merek grabbed some snow. He then threw it right at Charles.

After another hour the three dogs then collapsed into the snow. As they fell, the other dogs then looked away.

Hadrian felt a paw touching him. " Lean forward slightly. You and Charles gave them something they have not seen in a long time, entertainment." Merek whispered.

Hadrian looked around. Thoughts buzzed through his mind. Is that why they stared? Did they lose entertainment because they are constantly fighting for survival?

Furslock had left behind so many dogs that it had made a community that was so neglected, so behind, that even entertainment was a prize.

How could his own city do that? How could they be so blind?