Somewhere Along In the Bitterness

Author's Note: Okay wow, it's been awhile since you've seen me. No I didn't abandon you & I don't think I could. School has been insane and I think the only thing I do at home is sleep or do homework, typical high school. I'm here and will be blessing you with an update so don't worry. :)

Meredith woke up the next morning wrapped in Derek's arms as she had been the night before, she told him. She actually told him. He was still sleeping but Meredith didn't want to get up, she didn't want to leave his embrace. Molly hopped up on his side of the bed stirring Derek from his slumber, "Morning," Meredith smiled her cheeks still a bit puffy from the night before. "Good morning," he replied rubbing Meredith's cheek with his thumb. "You okay?" he asked. "I'm fine," Meredith said looking into his eyes, "Okay," he smiled kissing her forehead and pulling her closer. Molly wagged her tail waiting for one of them to feed her, "We should probably get breakfast for the 3 of us," Derek laughed. "Sounds like a plan," Meredith said getting up.

"I was thinking today maybe we could just hangout at the house and then go grocery shopping later," Meredith proposed. "Okay, sounds good. Do you wanna go walk around the park this morning?" Derek added. "Yeah, yeah we can do that. Molly would probably like to go with us too," Meredith said putting her cereal bowl in the dishwasher. "Meredith," Derek said. "Yeah," she said turning around. "I know last night, was a little overwhelming for the both of us, but I love you and I want you to be able to talk to me, okay? You know I'll listen and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, okay?" Derek said after holding it in all morning. "I know and I'm not going anywhere either because I love you Derek Christopher," she said standing on her tiptoes to kiss him. "I love you too," he replied pushing a stray piece of hair back out of her face.

"This was a good idea," Mer said leaning her head on Derek's shoulder as they walked around their favorite park. "I agree," he said making sure Molly didn't try to chase a squirrel. The weather was perfect, a light breeze on a sunny morning, rare for Seattle. People were on their morning jogs passing Meredith and Derek as they took a much needed leisurely walk coffee of course in Meredith's hand her other in Derek's. They decided to take a seat on their favorite bench and enjoy the air while Molly laid at their feet. It was peaceful and perfect for the both of them. "We need to do this more often," Derek said breaking the comfortable silence. "We do," Meredith said. "Maybe even one day I'll be pushing a stroller instead of holding coffee." she added. Derek looked at her slightly astonished, he didn't think after the conversation last night she'd be back on the topic of babies so soon. "One day," he said. "We of course have to get married first," she giggled. "This is true," Derek said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her close. He thought about what Mark had told him and how Derek had to do it at the right time, he'd been planning it forever. In fact, everything was ready he was just waiting to pop the question. "Ya know, when I met you, I almost forgot about that night. It was there but I never thought about it all that much. I was drowning in those memories and that night, and--you saved me." Meredith said staring into those sparkly ocean blue eyes she loved so much. "I wouldn't want my life any other way. You are stronger than you think and you're the most amazing woman I've ever met," Derek said. "I love you," she whispered before pressing a kiss to his lips. "I love you too," he said. "Umm..do you know where my daddy is?" a little girl said patting on Meredith's shoulder. "I don't honey, what's your name?" Meredith asked picking her up and setting her on the bench. "Isabelle, have you seen my daddy?" she asked again sniffling. "Isabelle, what does you daddy look like?" Derek asked standing up and looking around. "He's tall and has hair that's this color," she said pointing to her long brunette curls laying over her shoulders. "Okay, we will try and find him, how old are you?" Meredith asked. "5," she said holding up her fingers to Meredith. "Wow, you're a big girl! What was your daddy doing when you got lost?"Mer asked her. "Um, we were over there and I was playing with my doll and my dad was with a girl named Jill and they were yelling loud," she cried. "Okay honey, let's go walk around and see if we can find them, okay?" Derek said picking the little girl up. Meredith took Molly's leash and they went walking down the path.