Away From All of Reality

Time Jump → Spring Break

"Morning angel," Derek said walking into their bedroom with a plate of breakfast. Meredith was just waking from her slumber, "Good morning babe, oh my gosh you brought me breakfast?!" she asked looking at the plate of french toast before her eyes. "I did because I love you with every ounce of love within me," he said all cheesy crawling back in bed next to her. "We have to catch our plane in a few hours," Meredith said stuffing her face full of food. "We still have time though, we don't have to be there till 1 and it's only 8:45," Derek said kissing her cheek. "So we fly into Kansas City and then drive the few hours to Branson, correct?" she asked. "Yeah, it's only a few hours so it's no big deal," he replied. "Okay, well I need to shower and then finish packing," she said setting down her plate on the bedside table and getting out of bed. "Okay, well I'll take care of the kitchen and run Molly down the street to Alex's and then I'll be back," Derek said pressing a kiss to her lips as she walked into the bathroom.

After getting around for the day they both were finishing up packing, well Meredith was doing most of the packing because packing was not exactly Derek's forte. "Don't you think you are a little over packed my dear?" Derek asked Meredith as she zipped up her suitcase. "Well, you see I am a woman and we believe that you have to have a choice of outfits everyday. You also never know about the weather, it could change in a matter of minutes. Who knows maybe we'll plan on a casual night but we might actually end up at a 5 star restaurant, plans change Derek and you have to be prepared." Meredith stated very seriously. "Okay Miss Sassy. I understand your theories," Derek said wrapping his arms around your waist. "And I also understand you, and you just happen to enjoy when I kiss you so," Derek said all seductively before he planted a long and passionate kiss on her lips, The one where you only break apart for air. "I do love it very much when you do that," Meredith said pulling away. "Alright, well now that we are packed we can go grab a quick lunch and head to the airport," Derek said kissing her one last time and then grabbing their bags.

They decided to stop at a fast food restaurant so that they could make it to the airport quicker. Once they made it to their final destination before heading to Missouri they went through security and found a seat at the terminal. "I still can't believe you did all this for me," Mer said putting her hand over Derek's. "I love you and I want you to be happy, and I know when you aren't. So much has happened these last 6 months and you deserve a break," Derek said squeezing her hand reassuringly. "I love you so much Derek Shepherd, I don't even know what to say," she replied looking into his ocean blue eyes. "You don't have to say anything, you just being here is enough for me," he said flashing her his signature McDreamy smile.

They boarded their plane within about 30 minutes and were off to Kansas City. "So, we have 2 days at Silver Dollar City, 3 at Table Rock, and the other 2 are free. What do you want to do?" Derek asked looking through some travel magazines he picked up. "Well, I want to go to Branson Landing to do some shopping. It's like a huge outdoor shopping and Bass Pro is nearby so we can do that one day. The last free day we could use to drive around and explore," Mer told him with a nod. "I should've just scheduled in the shopping, I knew you would say that," Derek laughed. "I'm so excited to spend my entire week with you and only you," she said with a smirk. "Meee too," he said kissing her temple. Meredith leaned her head down on Derek's shoulder and dozed off for a while. He heard her light snores and looked down to her sleeping peacefully, "I love you," he whispered before he dozed off for a while himself.

----------

Meredith and Derek landed early that evening and made the few hour drive to their cabin in Branson. "Derek it's beautiful out here," Meredith said setting her bags down inside. "It sure is," he said looking around a bit. "Oh my gosh I am so tired," she said walking into the bedroom. "I am too," he replied plopping down on the bed. "I'm going to change and brush my teeth and then go straight to bed," Meredith said digging one of Derek's shirts out of her bag. "I think I'll join you," he said doing the same. "Did you steal another one of my shirts?" he asked looking at her while she brushed her teeth. "Umm, maybe," she said with a slight smile trying to cover the logo on the front. "Meredith Grey the shirt stealer," Derek said smiling. "You look better in them anyways," he said rinsing his mouth out. "You look pretty sexy in them too," Mer replied. Derek just smiled at her. "Goodnight my love," Meredith said curling up against his warm body. "Goodnight Mer," he said wrapping his masculine arms around her waist.