chapter 7~ comb and rubber bands

~hermoine's pov~
    "Bloody hell.. you and Malfoy? How can he be the head prefect... It should be like maybe...um..harry! " , Ron screeched.

     Harry patted Ron on the shoulder," I've actually never been a prefect."

   Ron's eyes widened,"oh ya..well then it should have been me! I'm a prefect.." he pointed at himself.

   I wanted to laugh about that statement but I also felt slightly mad," Are you going to be happy for me or not?"

   Ron rolled his eyes," yes yes I'm totally happy that you will be spending the rest of your year with that bloody death eater!"

   "He WAS a death eater. Now he's not , and can you STOP trying to insult him?"

   "Oh bloody hell hermoine , now you are fending him? What the hell?"

    "RON!STOP IT! PEOPLE CHANGE OK?HE CHANGED AND I BELIEVE HIM!" , I screamed that made everybody in the common room look at us.

   Ron seemed worked out and ready to continue arguing but Ginny stopped him.

   "Are you going to stop or not? Hermoine makes sense. People change, Malfoy can change . "

   Ron was already turning red and his knuckles were turning pale white, "NO HE CAN'T!"

   Ron stomped out of the room with harry rushing behind him.

   Ginny stared back at me. I realised that tears were collecting in my eyes. I quickly ran up to the girls room where no one is and sat at the corner and started sobbing.

   Why can't Ron just be happy for me? Why can't he just trust my judgements ? I buried my head in my knees.

   Soon, I heard footsteps walking towards me and then sitting beside me. I didn't bother to look up , it's surly Ginny anyways. Maybe she will give me a talk about Ron being stupid and all those kind of stuff again. .

   This has simply no hope , me and Ron, our friendship cannot last any longer than a few more weeks. I started crying again.

   Ginny comforted me by rubbing circles on my back slowly .

   I don't know how long I cried, Ginny sat with me until my tears started to dry up .

   I stood up and Ginny did too. I tried to put up a tiny smile, "thanks." I said ,sniffing softly.

   I packed my things quietly and dashed out of the gryfindor's common room without anyone noticing (besides Ginny).

   I reached the portrait of snape and he smirked,"someone got you crying huh? "

   "Prefects.", I said quickly and he groaned, forcing an entry for me.

    Draco was already inside with his things scattered until on the floor. He was sleeping on the coach.

    I watched him as he snored softly. I smiled silently , I felt like helping him to comb his untidy blond hair.

   I pushed my things into my room and went back to Draco. I knelt down beside the sofa he is sleeping on and silently helped him comb through his hair.

    He looked so attractive when he sleeps. I continued to comb his hair softly and looking up at him . He seemed to be having a nice dream.

   My eyes drifted down to his lips and I suddenly felt an urge to kiss him m those soft and beautiful lips... I looked away, blushing silently .

   "I can seriously make you blush huh?", Draco's voice drifted from the sofa.

   I looked up and saw him staring at me with a tiny smile on his face. I blushed again , I'm totally embarrassing myself.

   "What took you so long Granger?" , Draco said , sitting up .

   I slumped onto the sofa with him and pretended nothing happened between me and Ron ,"oh..It's just , lots of things to pack ..books.."

   I turned to him and realised his dark grey eyes staring into me intently making my goosebumps appear.

   I waved my hand in front of his face a few times and he shaked his head.

   Scratching his head , he said,"hehe sorry, dreaming away.." I saw a tiny blush coming out from his cheeks.

    Suddenly, he started stroking my hair and tidying my fringe .

   "Do you mind? I'm really good in hair."

    I laughed sarcastically and gave him my brush and rubber band .

    We walked to a mirror and I sat down on the chair with Draco behind me.

   "I guess I will just be your hairstylist for the day !"

   I tried not to blush again as he started combing gently through my messy curly brown hair.

    "Tell me when it hurts!" , I nodded slightly and looked at him through the mirror. Draco was fully focused on my hair he didn't see me looking. He's super cute this way. I chuckled to myself and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

       After a while, he put down the comb and started trying to help me tie my hair. It hurts a little at some point of time but mostly it was amazing. He gently held on to every piece of hair I had and combed them all up neatly.

   "Done!", He said and I looked up. I never looked so neat and tidy before. My brown hair is all tied up neatly and there were even no lose strands.

   "Wow..",I replied after a long time.
I stood up carefully to make sure I don't ruin my hair .

   "I think you need some combing too..",I winked at him.

    ~draco's point of view~
   I didn't expected hermoine to return the favor but when she suggested, I looked at myself in the mirror. No wonder she offered to help me , I was messy. My hair was untidily stranded in all directions and some even had knots.

   This time , I sat down on the chair with hermoine behind me. She was so close, I could feel her warm smell of perfume and lavender. I could even smell some parchment in her. she probably read too many books.

   She handled my hair with care and sprinkled some water on it from time to time.

   "I'm not good in this but I read in books that water works great like gel."
She said while sprinkling a little more water on my hair.

    Soon , I was all tidied and she was too .

   We stood face to face for some time and I moved closer. Her smell of parchment became stronger every step I took towards her.

   It was almost lovely. 

    I moved closer

  And closer.

   Until we were nose to nose and I could hear her every breath and her heart beating wildly.

   I cupped her cheeks and said ,"thanks for today."

   Without warning, she jumped onto me , kissing me wildly . This is not hermoine at all. I didn't pull back because I couldn't. It was all too perfect. I kissed her gently, careful not to hurt her and inserted my tongue slowly into her mouth. She shaked a little but later, she started wiggling her tongue around mine. Our bodys were so close we almost clicked together. Heat started radiating at my sensitive part. I wanted her . 

   It could have last forever until she pulled away,breathless. She gave me one last smile and walked away, out of the common room .

   It was time for dinner .