chapter 2 ~ what happened on the train

~hermoine's point of view~
   Draco looked at me in the eye and went forward to gently stroke my cheek with his thumb . Out faces were so close together. I loved his smell of peppermint toothpaste...

    I slowly closed my eyes and felt his breath close to mine . He grabbed my chin slowly and..

   The train came to a stop abruptly and we both fell backwards.

   I heard Draco curse and I looked out of the window . What's happening..

   Draco seemed to notice the commotion and stared out of the window too. The sky was dark and it was quiet...too quiet .

  Draco popped his head out of the cabin and the train moved again. He fell backwards nearly hitting his head.
  He went back to lock the cabin door.

   "What's...wrong.",I whispered.

   Draco gulped and plopped back on the seat , " Greyback ."

  Great. Just great. I sat tightly in my seat and the train stopped again . There were several screams from the other cabins and we felt a knock on ours. I closed my eyes not daring to look .

   "Hermoine ... Wand..", Draco mumbled.

   I reached for my pocket slowly and took out my wand.

   The knock began louder and more persistant , before I could shout a spell ,  the door fell. My heart skipped a beat and I sat tight . I heard Draco growl and I turned to him .

   Outside the cabin was a wolf. It was grey and it's eyes shined white . It walked it slowly making my hairs on my skin stand up.

   Draco had his wand held tightly on a hand and the other curled into a fist . After that, I felt something hit me and I passed out...

   ~draco's point of view~

  Greyback (that's what I call it) is the leader of a wolf pack and works for voldermort too. I am sure it came for me .

     I mumbled with gritted teeth , "don't hurt her.." Greyback smirked and somehow threw something at hermoine making her pass out immediately.

   "Draco , you aren't going nowhere."

   I took out my wand ready to battle greyback .

  "Stupefy !" I threw my first shot and missed . Greyback smirked at me again and taunted ,"you're way too slow .. catch me if you can Draco."

   I felt the door of the cabin go back up and lock by itself . Greyback came straight for me . "Reducto!" , I tried with all my might . I missed again.

  "Imperio!" , I missed again . This time, greyback struck me when I was dumbfounded . He kicked my right on my face , I felt my nose crack and blood spluttered right of it .

   "Crucio!", The curse missed and bounced away . I was frantic .

   Greyback looked at me with satisfaction and took hermoine on his back ( he is really huge).

   The door opened and he ran out .

   "Noo!", I shouted with all my might and realised that everyone else in the other cabins were frozen on the spot.  Something is really wrong.  My mind went blank... Harry Potter..help...

   Greyback continued to run really quick . I followed and shouted, without thinking, " Avada kedavra !" A shot of green light appeared from my wand and shot greyback straight. He fell instantly and dropped hermoine . I ran towards them and he disappeared within seconds .

   I carried hermoine up , planning to go back to the cabin.

   Suddenly , the cabins all unlocked and people started to appear out of every cabin.

   I was lost in the crowd and tried to get to our cabin.

   Harry appeared suddenly, " hermoine! Is she alright?"

   "She got knocked out only , come with me..", I didn't care if they still hated me because I'm a death eater anymore .

   I carried her successfully back to our cabin and lay her down . Harry , Ron and Ginny came along in and locked the door .

   "Oh my .. what happened ..", Ginny jumped forward to hermoine.

   Harry started, " I was frozen and I could only see and hear what was happeNing.. it must have been a very powerful spell back there."

   I suddenly started panicking. I killed someone... I actually used the killing curse...

   I sat down heavily on the seat.

   Harry looked at me," what's wrong Malfoy?"

  "I.. used the ... Killing curse.."

   The cabin was silent for a moment and Ginny spoke," I think you should tell our headmistress the truth . She will believe you , what you did was not wrong, the wolf would have killed you otherwise."

   Harry looked at her and nodded in agreement . Ron just rolled his eyes and said,"why should we even care? He's freaking Malfoy!"

  Ginny shot a look at him and harry said nothing.

   Harry spoke suddenly,"I think everyone who done wrong should be given a second chance , we have to trust him ."

   Ginny nodded vigorously . Harry continued,"I believe you. I believe McGonagall will too ."

   Draco smiled , glad to be forgiven . He stared back at hermoine , unconscious.

   "I guess she would wake up in a while .",harry shrugged .

   Ginny stood up and looked at my nose.

  "Harry can fix that ."

   With a flick of wand , my nose was normal and the bleeding  stopped.

  "Thanks..."