Chapter 18: Captured

"Austin please...don't hurt her" I was cautious with him. Speaking to him like he were a fragile child.

"Why not?" he asked innocently. "She should know what pain feels like"

"Austin listen to me..."

"No you listen to me!" he snapped but then composed himself. "Your being a little choosy nowadays aren't you? Having trouble finding which guy to sleep with?"

His words stung me, but my major concern was for Liz.

"Is she okay?" I asked calmly. He took a long while to answer me.

"Would you like to speak to her?"

"Yes" I answered urgently.

A static came over the phone and then a timid voice spoke.

"E-Emma?" Liz's voice was thick with fear and I couldn't help but blame myself.

"Liz are you alright?" I knew the answer to that question, but it was out of natural human habit that I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine" her voice was broken. Anyone with two ears could tell.

"Liz I'm so..." I chocked up. "I am so sorry" I felt responsible for her kidnapping. Austin was a demon of my own past. Now I had release that very demon upon the world.

"It's okay. I'm okay" her breathing was quick and erratic. Like she had just ran.

"I'll get you. I promise"

"Emma I-" there was fumbling and Austin now had the phone again.

"Playtimes over"

"No! Emma!"

"Austin don't hurt her!" the line went dead.

I sat, frozen on my bed. Not sure of what my next move would be.

"Cary!"I screamed. Rushing from my room and into the open living room space.

"Emma? What? What's going on?"

"It's Austin. He's taken Liz, he's kidnapped her" his eyes widened in horror. His mouth fell open and he covered it with his hand.

"Why? What does he want?" I shook my head. Still trying to process all of this and catch my breath.

"I'm not sure yet, but this is all my fault" just the though of him harming her because of me chilled my spine.

"You can't say that for sure Emma. Don't put this on yourself"

"Well why else would he go completely off he reservation Cary? What other reason does he have?"

"He's not taking his med anymore then" Cary pointed out. He walked about with both his hands on his hips.

"Ya' think?" I said smartly.

"We have to call Rob" my head shot in his direction.

"No we can't. He'll flip" Cary narrowed his eyes at me.

"He has ever damn right to! This sicko kidnapped his sister Emma! We have to tell him"

"He'll kill him" I said with horror.

"Please tell me your not caring about his well being right now" Cary scolded me.

"No I'm just-" I did care though. Oddly enough. Yes Austin was damaged goods and infected everything he touched, but he was like an abused chilled who didn't know any better.

He's mentally fighting himself for control. Austin isn't a bad guy, he's just being controlled by an alter ego version of himself.

"He's broken Cary" I said sympathetically. "He's probably just as scared as she is right now"