Chapter 36 More Surprises

Mitch's POV

Everyone applauded after I sang my song. I've honestly never felt more loved.

"Let's do it!" Kevin yelled excitedly "is there anyone who doesn't want to do this? I think it's a great way to end the summer and take home the win!"

We all cheered. Kevin was definitely right, I highly doubt any other band singing an original song.

We spent most of the day by the pool arranging the song. Even though we didn't have much it was starting to sound really good.

I wasn't really in the mood to go swimming with the rest of the bunk so Scott and I went back to our room and decided to watch a movie. I let Scott pick the movie.

Scott started playing the movie when I got a phone call from my mom.

"Hey, mom" I answered

"Hi sweetie"

"What's up, I'm kinda in the middle of something" I heard Scott giggle

"Oh, I didn't mean to interrupt, but I just got off the phone with your doctor and he said if everything has been healing properly as it looked when he last checked, you should be able to walk starting, now!"

"That's great!"

"Now go back to whatever you were doing and don't let me interrupt any more"

I made my way over to Scott's bed as he played the movie.

"What was that about?" He asked

"It's not important" I lied

When the movie ended it was dinner time. Scott was ready before me so I let him go. I needed that to happen for my plan to work. It took a lot of persuasion to get him to go, but it was worth it. To get this to work I sent Kirstie, Avi, Kevin, and Esther texts

Mitch : hey guys! I just got news, no more crutches but I didn't tell Scott and I want to surprise him. Can you guys keep him from seeing this text and keep him away from the stairs. Thanks so much!

Scott's POV

I walked downstairs and saw everyone standing around and talking.

"Mitch'll be down soon he was just finishing getting ready"

Everyone nodded and included me in the conversation. I realized it had been a while and Mitch still hadn't come down. I turned around to see him walking towards me. With no crutches.

"Mitch!" I exclaimed when I saw him

"Surprise!" He yelled and we all started laughing 

"So that phone call from your mom"

"Yes it was important, but I wanted to surprise you"

"Why are you always so cute?"

"You're the one who's always super cute. Mr. I want to carry my boyfriend everywhere" he rolled his eyes

"You know I do it because I love you" he pulled me into a kiss

"I know" I joked "I'm just kidding. I love you too"

We stood there just staring at each other for a while before we were interrupted for dinner.

That night when we were all back in our rooms Scott and I watched another movie but we both fell asleep in each other's arms. I never wanted to leave.