Chapter 3: Useless and Loveless

A/N: I dedicate this chapter to Maegan whose heart was broken by her first love. Thank you for being a very good friend and for supporting me in every way that you can. You deserve a better guy. Every girl does. :)

*There's a picture of a girl doing a grand jete at the right side. So just check it out if you're not familiar with ballet. ;)

Here’s a new chapter!

Chapter 3: Useless and Loveless

Stella’s POV

        “Joe. Where are we going? I need to go to my ballet class already,” I said.

        “Just for five minutes,” he said.

        “Stop yanking my arm!” I yelled.

        He suddenly let go of my arm and we just stood at the empty hallway.

        “What now?” I asked quite irritably.

        “Let’s just wait here,” he said softly.

        A few minutes later, I began to pace back and forth. I glanced at my watch. My ballet class is starting. Darn. What does Joe have to show me? I hate myself for being good at the wrong time.

        “Is it here yet?” I asked.

        He shrugged. “Actually… There’s nothing. I just want to delay your time,” he smiled slyly.

        “You piece of crap,” I swore under my breath as I storm out.

<<<>>> 

        “C’mon, Sam. Please. I need a ride,” I begged my friend.

        “Where’s Clan?” she asked.

        “I don’t know. Maybe he went home already. His car’s not here anymore.”

        She gritted her teeth. “Okay then. But just this once okay?”

        “Yeah. Thanks.”

<<<>>> 

        “Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap,” I said as I exhaled. I’m trying to control my tears. I’m already a couple of minutes late. This is the second red light and the traffic’s quite heavy.

        “You’ve never been late for ballet class?” Sam asked.

        “No,” I said, my voice wavering.

        “How do you go to your classes if you don’t ride with Clan on the way from school?”

        “I take the bus,” I replied. “But I leave early because it’s kind of hard to ride the bus and to have spare time when I arrive at the ballet studio.”

        “But are you wearing your leotards already?”

        “Yeah,” I said. I’m not really in the mood for conversation right now.

        The car came to a stop. I looked out. Sure enough, there’s the ballet studio. I hurried out.

        “Thanks again!” I yelled.

<<<>>> 

        I dropped my things and then stripped to my leotards. I quickly slipped my pointe shoes and secured them. I joined them quietly.

        “Okay. We’ll do the line-up from the top,” the teacher said. She looked at me coldly. “Why are you late young lady?”

        I managed a smile. “Sorry…”