Chapter 7: The Graduation

A/N: I wasn’t able to upload for about a month now so I was surprised to see the changes in Wattpad.

                  I dedicate this chapter to Lizette. She’s waiting for this so here it is! Thanks for being a great older sister… Well, sort of.

Chapter 7: The Graduation

Stella’s POV

                  “Stella, this dress is great for your graduation,” my Mom said as she handed a dress from one of the racks of the store.

                  “Yeah,” I said without even looking at it. I’m not in the mood for anything today. I just want this graduation to be over with. I can’t believe this. Time does pass by quickly.

                  “Emily!” Mom suddenly exclaimed. “You’re buying clothes for Derrick?”

                  I looked up. There stood Derrick and his Mom.

                  “Yes, Christine,” Derrick’s mother—Emily—said.

                  “How about you? Buying something for Stella?” Derrick’s mother asked.

                  “Yeah…” Mom said, “And for Clandestine.”

                  “But where is he?”

                  My mother lifted her chin proudly. “He’s working on his college applications.”

                  Mom turned to me and said, ”Listen dear, why don’t you and Derrick go a while for a walk? Emily and I would just discuss some things.”

                  I rolled my eyes in my mind. Things to discuss? Like what?

                  I stood up and dragged my feet.

                  “Let’s go, Derrick,” I mumbled.

                  “Where?” he asked.

                  “I don’t know…” I said, “Just… Somewhere.”

                  We reached this part of the mall with landscapes and whatever. I sat on one of the benches. I looked at the distance. I’m not really planning to break the silence.

                  “Stel.” Derrick said gently. His voice brings back so much memories. It brings so much emotion I have tried to hide and forget.

                  “What?” I said snobbishly. His hands grasped my shoulders.

                  His green eyes burrowed my blue ones. I gulped. There was his face, inches from mine. Darn. It’s like he can see right through me and maybe he does. I was just afraid to accept that fact.

                  “Tell me the truth,” he said slowly. His intense gaze never left its line of vision. “You still haven’t forgotten, right?”

                  I looked away for a while. I’m thinking of a good answer.

                  “Of course not,” I said gently. “It was so hard to get through. How could I forget all those things? I keep on wearing this proud and happy face but in reality, I feel empty. There was always something missing. I—“

                  Stop the tears, Stella! Derrick is just a part of the past you’ve tried so hard to forget! It took you months and are you going to throw it away just to tell him that you’ve missed all of those?