Chapter 43

If you like this story, please help me by voting and commenting. Thank you x

[Bella] :

                           “Happy anniversary to us!” Zayn cheered from the other line, I smiled weakly at the slight joy that provided over my heart. “I wish you were here to celebrate our fourth year together. . .”

                           As a matter of a fact, I was sad that I could not be there beside him. I wanted to celebrate what we had and still going on for the fourth year together. Together in our ups and downs, in joy and sadness.

                           “I wish that too. . . It would have been special.” I muttered. It was a saturday night in december, late december. It was a cold, cozy night. Where you just need someone to cuddle with underneath the heavy blankets. One of those nights where you do not have to worry about anything or anyone when you are embracing the one you love.

                           “My bed feels really cold since you've left.” He whispered to me in which I reacted with goosebumps to. His voice has a different effect on me now, it used to make me shiver heavily everytime it would sound so husky. But now Harry's natural deep voice does all the work.

                           “That's because it is december idiot!” I joked said as I giggle at my own -not very funny- joke. I heard slight chuckle from the other line and a shifting sound as well, gives the sign that he was moving on his bed.

                           “I meant it the other way around, Bells.” I can imagine him with a sly smile on his face, or a smirk that makes the side of his right part of face crinkle up.

                           “Pervert! Shut up Z.” I covered my face in shame. Even though I have been so stuffed up with Harry, and the feelings that came crushing down since month ago or so, Zayn still has that effect on me. Maybe not as much as before, but I am ninety-nine percent sure he still does things to me everytime.

                           “I do really miss you Bella, I mean it is like there's a gap in my heart, can not be filled except with you around me. . .” He spoke calmly as I listen carefully. I was scared of what he was saying, am I breaking his heart secretly ? Without him knowing ?

                           “I am scared. . .” He paused before he took a deep breath. “I am scared you might find someone who can be with you every moment, someone who can give you what you want. . .” He suddenly stopped, not on a trailing off manner, but more like thinking manner.

                           “Did you ?” He questioned after few seconds. I was quiet. I did not know what to say or what to answer. Without noticing I turned my head to look at Harry's direction. He was distractedly tapping at his phone, too busy chatting with someone.

                           “Did you find that someone Bella ? Is that why we are so distant lately ?” He re-continued after seconds of silence. I looked back at blank. My heart was confused, what am I going to answer ?

                           “No —No I did not.” I murmured. Not knowing if I am lying or not. Not even sure about anything anymore.

                        “I do not want you to break my heart.”

                           “I am not going to break it.” I said before I continued. “I promise.”