Chapter 43

Blue's pov (a week later)

A week. That's all it took to convince them all that I wasn't suicidal. To convince them to let me be on my own, no babysitter watching my every move.

It also took a week for Calum and I to become an unofficial couple again. We kissed, hugged, cuddled, but had no labels. I hadn't brought it up. Neither had he. I think that Calum didn't want to try to move too quickly and mess things up between us. I just didn't want to be too attached to him.

I knew what I was going to do would hurt the boys. I felt awful about it too. But I couldn't do it anymore. I just couldn't.

"Blue? Ready to go?" Luke asks, smiling at me. I put on the fake smile that I have been using for the past week and nod. I jog over and the two of us leave the bus.

~

"I don't know if I've told you this before," Ben says, standing beside me, as we watch 5 Seconds of Summer perform, "but I'm really glad that they found you. I know you didn't remember me, but I missed you like crazy ever since you went missing." I smile and hug him.

"You're okay too, Ben," I tease, "for an older brother." He laughs. Jack joins in. He was watching the boys with us. In fact, Liz and Andrew were standing her as well. 5 Seconds of Summer were back in Australia for tour. They had all come.

I feel a pang of sadness as I realize that this will be the last time I see 5 Seconds of Summer perform. I feel my smile start to fade. I immediately shove the thought to the back of my head, putting the smile back on. There can't be any suspicion.

"I know for a fact that I've never said this before, but I love you guys. Really. I'm really happy that the guys found me and brought me back home too," I say honestly, fighting off the tears that were threatening to fall. All four of them hug me tightly. I glance up and see Luke smiling at us.

~

"How was the show?" Ashton asks as we walk into the hotel suite.

"It was awesome," I reply, trailing slightly behind the four giants, "It was probably my favorite one all tour."

"We're glad you liked it. I saw you and the other Hemmings, minus Luke, enjoying yourselves," Michael notes, plopping down on the couch.

"Aw Mikey, are you jealous you couldn't hang out with us?" I tease. He rolls his eyes at me. We all sit in silence for a few seconds. I stare at the boys, a sense of pain filling my chest. I was really going to miss them.

"Hey guys," I say, breaking the silence, "I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight." I give them each a really tight hug.

"Night, Blue. See you in the morning," Luke says. I nod, trying to hide my expression.

"I'll go to bed too," Calum states, standing up. Luke glares at him.

"Keep it pg. That is my little sister," Luke reminds his best friend. My cheeks burn as I grab Flash and walk to the room Calum and I were sharing.

~

My alarm went off at a little past two thirty in the morning. Calum didn't even stir. I lay there a few extra seconds, not wanting to move. But I have to. I reluctantly climb out of bed and pull on my shoes. Flash looks up, awake.

"You stay here baby," I whisper, stroking his soft fur, "take care of the boys for me. I love you Flash." I kiss the top of his head, my heart breaking as he stares at me with his big puppy eyes. I give him one final kiss, then look at Calum, who was still fast asleep. I tiptoe over and kiss his cheek softly. Then I leave the room.

I go into Luke and Michael's room as well as Ashton's room. I kiss each one of them on the cheek, my heart breaking a little more each time. I was going to miss them so much. I sniffle and place the folded up piece of paper on the coffee table. Then I leave the hotel room, not allowing myself to look back.