Chapter two; where it all began (prt 2)

BRENNANS POV.

'Today must be really rough for the Bratayley's' I thought to myself. I was down stairs with Ryan playing the Xbox when that thought came across my mind. "I know!!" I accidentally said aloud. "You know what?" Ryan said giving me the weirdest look. "Nothing, uh, don't worry" Ryan stared confused at me for a split second before realising he has just lost his game of FIFA. "GOSH DARN!!" He yells. "Your turn Brennan." "No, no you go again." He looked at me and then continued. I will text Annie (A=Annie, B=Brennan)

B- Hey Annie, I hope you're doing well. My family and I are coming over soon and before we do I just wanted to know that you're doing well ☺️👍🏻.

Annie and I have been becoming closer and closer since Caleb's passing, and I'm now starting to think of her as more than just a friend!
My phone buzzes and I pick it up instantly and start blushing when I see who the text is from.

A- Hey Brennan, thank you so much for checking up on me. I'm doing well I guess... it's just been really hard. I just still can't believe he's gone :(. But I'm trying to think of the positives. So I'll see you soon 🙂.

B- Good! I'll see you soon Annie...x

Oh gosh, I sent an 'x'!!! Does she know I like her?? Will she send one back? Am I blushing!? Oh gosh!?!??!!!!

A- You too Brennan...x

A sigh of relief came out of my body as I walked to my bedroom with the biggest smile on my face. "I can't wait to see her."