Chapter sixteen; "why?"

ANNIE'S POV.

So it has now been two whole months since Katie and I have even spoke. I miss her so much. She hasn't even been showing up to gymnastics!! Well not that I know of. I can't stand this anymore, I mean, I've lost my other half. Who knows when she's coming back? Brennan is over and I'm biting my lip every 10 minutes to cover up the fact I'm about to bawl my eyes out. "Hey" he says with a concern, he must of seen the tears in my eyes. "Yeah?" I say trying to be super strong for him. "I know that this is hard, a-and if you don't want to talk about it, that's totally fine but..." there was about a ten second silence before the tears that were stinging my eyes, the tears I was trying to hold back, they roll down my cheek and I let out a slight whimper; "Sh, Sh, Sh" he whispers to me, pulling me closer towards him, my head on his chest, "I'm here." He kisses my forehead and we lay there for what seemed like the rest of the day. We both fall asleep.
Around two hours later I get awoken by the buzzing of my phone; "missed call from 'Katie x' (x4)." A whole load of thoughts came across my mind, shivers come down my spine, my ears nose and lips are burning. What does she need? Should I call her back? Ugh. I start shaking and I look over to see if Brennan was still asleep or not. I look over, nothing. Brennan was no where to be found. "Brennan?" I whisper. I look back towards my phone, contemplating on whether I should call her back or not. I curl into a ball and start tearing up... again. "Annie?" I hear a familiar voice call and my door creak, I also hear footsteps but choose to not take any notice. I just wanted to cry and cry. I had nothing better to do with myself. I knew that the person who has just walked into my room was mom, but I couldn't bring myself to look up at her and say something. She sat herself on the end of my bed and whispered in my ear, "it's okay." "Okay?!" I yell, "nothing about this is just 'okay' mom. Nothing. I have lost someone so so important to me, I can barely function as a normal human being, and you want me to be 'okay?'" She looks at me with concerned tears stinging her eyes; "I think you should stop seeing Brennan." She says firmly, wiping away the tear rolling down her cheek. "What?" I say "why?" ...

It's Sunday today and I thought I'd upload, I might upload later but I'm probably gonna be uploading tomorrow too because I have a student free day tomorrow soooooo xxx