Chapter eighteen; I'm okay.

ANNIE'S POV.

I kept running and running, nothing could stop me, I couldn't even stop me, I was determined to leave and go somewhere far far away. I know that it's stupid to run away from home, but when someone takes the one thing that is keeping you going since you lost your other half, you'd kinda understand.

BRENNAN'S POV.

"What?! Oh my gosh. I'll be over right away Katie!!" Mom says, she looks concerned. "Mom?" I question her. "Stop, it's okay, why are you rushing?" "Brennan, Annie's run away, I need to go help mrs Katie at their house okay. Billy is looking for her right now. Are you coming or not? Quick." She says in a rush. I cannot believe this. My heart is racing, my chest is getting tight, my throat is burning. My Annie, my beautiful girl. I run as fast as I can into the car. I need mom to step on it. She does.
Around five minutes later, we arrive at their house. I'm still freaking out. I get out of the car and begin running down the street. I look in the forest and next door. No where, then I suddenly think about it. "Annie would have to have taken her phone with her," I say quietly to myself. I rush into the house and up to Annie's room. I decide to call her after sending a billion texts. "Come on Julie. Come onnnn."
1 ring, 2 rings, 3 rings, four. One more and she's unavailable.

ANNIE'S POV.

I just wanna go home. But I can't stop myself from running. I don't want to run anymore, I just want to be with my family and Katie suddenly, I get a call. I reach into my pocket to find that it's Brennan. I am finally able to stop myself, freeze. I go to press decline but I press accept instead.

Annie - Brennan?
I'm bawling my eyes out.
Brennan - oh thank god Juliana. Oh thank god. Are you okay?!
Annie - Brennan.
Brennan - Annie, where are you? Tell me now, please.
Annie - come get me Brennan, I'm scared. I don't know where I am, I'm outside of a little shop called "Jack's place" help me B.
Brennan - Annie, I know where you are. Stay put. I will be there in about ten minutes. Okay?
Annie - okay.
I go to hang up the phone but he stops me
Brennan - I love you Annie.
Annie - I love you Brennan.

•Ten minutes later•

I see him, sprinting, determination in his eyes.
I jump into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist. "Juliana, thank god you're okay." He says hugging me tighter. He puts me down and the tears come streaming down the both of our faces. He grabs my hand and says; "it's okay if you don't want to go home just yet. We can sit down out here for a while." I was sobbing too much I couldn't even breathe let alone speak. I gave him a can-we-please-just-stay-here look and he must have got the message, we sat down outside of the cafe I stopped at; we sat there for around twenty minutes, in each other's arms before I had cried all of my tears out of my body. I don't have any left to cry with. "Are you okay Juliana." He says, trying not to cry; "I'm okay," I say. "I guess." He gives me a look, a look that is unexplainable. He gets a tight grip on my arm and hugs me until it starts pouring down rain. As soon as the rain starts, he hugs me tighter and tighter. I'm shaking with fear, but I feel safe in his arms.

So super sorry for the crappy chapter y'all, I feel as if I'm lacking on giving you guys good chapters but i'm doing my best. Oh god I cannot wait for the 6 week Christmas holiday ugh!! I will probably be finished with the sequel by then, it's like seven weeks away though soooooo...but anyways thanks for the support ily all sm 🆑🆑