Chapter four; acceptance.

MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THE SONGS WHILST READING, IT HELPS PICTURE THE STORY.

ANNIE'S POV.

After the news Brennan shared, we all went back inside. We all wanted to watch a movie. "Lets watch a scary movie!!" Katie says. I don't like scary movies, but I didn't want to be a party pooper, so I agreed. Brennan sat next to me on the couch whilst all the others were on the mattresses on the floor that my mom had set up for no reason. Before the movie begins Mrs Jill and my mom came down. "Looks like there's a biiiiig thunder storm." Says mommy. "So Katie, Brennan, Ryan, I guess we'll have to stay here for a couple of nights as it's supposed to go over two days." Says mrs Jill. "Yeah!!" "Woooo." We were all so happy. But I think the moms were planning it (not the thunderstorm 😂)  because mrs Jill brought clothes over.
The moms went back upstairs and the movie started. "Hey" Brennan whispered softly in my ear. "Whenever you get scared, just know that I am here, I always will be" he put my hand in his and I slowly rested my head on his shoulder. I am so in love.

BRENNAN'S POV.

She slowly rested her head on my shoulder and I felt butterflies flying around in my stomach. I wasn't even focused on the movie anymore. All I was thinking about was her. I couldn't get her off my mind. She is just so beautiful.
I was running my fingers through her hair as she fell into a light sleep. By the time the end of the movie came round', I was the only one awake. Annie and I were cuddled up on the sofa when suddenly I felt her bring me closer towards her. I held her tightly and kissed her forehead. She woke and our lips touched one another's... we cuddled some more and fell into a deep sleep.

MRS KATIE'S POV.

After Jill and I went downstairs to tell the kids the great news, we got ourselves ready for bed time. "So, Brennan was going to tell Annie how he feels about her tonight" says Jill. "Omg! Annie reallllllllly likes him. I hope he did it!" I say excitedly.

•A few hours later•

"Maybe we should go check up on the kids." I say. We make our way downstairs into the basement and all the kids were asleep. I look over at Brennan and Annie. A sudden smile came across my face as I say to Jill, "she found her happiness" we started getting teary-eyed but stopped ourselves and went upstairs to bed. We accepted the fact that after one year they both finally found the good in life. That's all that mattered to us ❣️