✒ Chapter 3

Ethan's picture >>>>>>>>>>

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things." ~Robert Brault

Partially edited

Chapter 3

Aria

As I saw the guys tease each other, I remembered the memories I made with Lee and Olivia. We used to have so much fun together during our schooldays. Playing pranks on teachers, setting poisonous frogs in the Biology lab and what not? How I missed those days! Then Lee's dad got transferred ten years ago and his family had to move out.

Mom and Olivia had to leave too.

I started tearing up. I did not want the guys to notice the change in my mood, so I excused myself to my room. I felt the presence of someone behind me as I climbed up the stairs, but I ignored it. As I entered my room, I heard the person behind me say,

"We need to catch up a lot, don't we?"

Surprised, I turned around and noticed Lee closing the door. He had grown up from a small, cute, chubby little boy with huge eyes to a huge and intimidating person. He surely had changed a lot in these ten years. Again, I was reminded of those fun times I had with him and Vee. I miss them a lot. I missed him too. Why isn't fate on my side for once? Why can't I b-

"Earth to A!"

I was snapped out of my thoughts, "Huh?"

He sighed and slumped on my bed, "I missed you." I was taken aback by his confession. I felt an old familiar warm feeling in my stomach.

You can't still like him. He might have a girlfriend.

My heart sank as I thought of this. When I saw his furrowed eyebrows and a distant look on his face, I realized that he wanted to ask something. He used to do that before.

He looks so adorable like that! I want to pinch his cheeks.

"I missed you too. How are you?"

"I'm feeling better after seeing you now."

Wait, what?

"I actually did not want to come here," he continued, "but the chance of meeting you was more, so I came. How are you though?"

I grinned. "Imagine this situation. Your brother comes home after two whole years. Your long lost best friend and a close friend are friends with him. They also come home with him. My brother has a girlfriend after a long time. What would your reaction be?" The cute guy sitting next to me chuckled, "You've not changed, have you?"

"Nope."

"Hmm, I would definitely be happy, bu-"

"Aria?" my brother called out to me. I gave Lee an apologizing smile to Lee and replied to my annoying brother, "What?"

"Where are you and where has that asshole gone?"

"Huh, I'm in my room and the asshole is with me." I giggled when I saw Lee scowl. Suddenly, he smirked. "What do you want bro? I was having an intimate time with your sister," he said wiggling his eyebrows. It was my turn to scowl now. "Ew, gross. No bro!"

There was thudding of feet along the stairs. Alex burst through the door, fuming. "I'm going t-" he stopped when he saw that we were fully clothed. Lee cracked up loudly along with the other guys who were standing near Alex.

Alex scowled while I rolled my eyes. He was about to say something when Evelyn called if Alex was home. The boys went down but I stayed back. I did not want to see Evelyn acting very friendly with Alex while she treated me like scum. Alex knew that. It was because of dad's 'persuasion' that I stayed here at home. Well, it definitely wasn't a home for me. I thought of all the beautiful memories I had when I was at home with my mama and lied on my bed.

I woke up when the doorbell rang. How on earth did I fall asleep? I heard dad greeting Alex and his friends.

"Dinner's ready!"

I sighed loudly and got out of bed. I went in front of my mirror and I tried to fix my hair with my fingers, combing to tame it. I let out a frustrated grunt when I realized I had to meet and sit with Evelyn for the whole dinner after a long time. I used to do this before just for Alex's sake. Yes, I love my step-brother so much. He also loves me the same way. You must be thinking how, but though he doesn't say it a lot, I know he cares a lot about me. He helped me overcome the death of two of the most important people and I helped him a lot too.

Grudgingly, I got down the stairs. I was greeted with a waft of delicious food. Though I hated that woman for her attitude, I loved the food she cooked. I saw all the boys and Ry chatting happily with dad except for Lee. He had a frown etched on his handsome face.

Sitting next to him, (excuse me, but that was the only empty seat available for me) I asked him what happened.

"Isn't he your mom's ex-husband?" He hissed. I started squirming uncomfortably under his gaze. He did not know. Maybe Alex didn't tell him. Maybe. Or he is acting.

To avoid the uncomfortable talk with him, I got up to help Evelyn. We laid out the plates in front of everyone and served the delicious lasagna she cooked.

After eating the tasty dinner, I went back to my room to avoid talking with everyone. Evelyn always mocked me if I was there with everyone. That's why I never went to any party with my so-called parents.

As I was going to lie down to sleep, the door opened. I was drained with all that happened today. I was so exhausted that I could hardly open my eyes.

Alex stood there after closing the door of my room with a frown etching his features and crossed arms. I shot him a confused look. Why was he here when he was supposed to be talking happily with Evelyn and dad?

Why was he so angry with me? What did I do? Is he trying to play a prank on me? And he also had to explain me why his friends had come here. It's not that I'm complaining, but still I wanted to know. People say that curiosity killed the cat, but I don't care. Satisfaction brought it back.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked angrily.

Like I said, I kinda suck in grammar but thank you for all your support guys. I don't have much to say this time. How was this chapter?

Vote and comment please!

Love,

_born_sarcastic__

[Teaser: "No shit, Sherlock."]