✒ Chapter 13

"When you go to the mountains, you see them and you admire them. In a sense, they give you a challenge, and you try to express that challenge by climbing them." ~Edmund Hillary

Not edited

Chapter 13

Aria

As we were walking across the hallway, with Lee's hand draped over my shoulder, none of us spoke anything. It was a kind of comfortable silence which surrounded us. But then, all of a sudden, it became awkward.

I really don't know why.

Maybe it was because the last time we were alone, we ended up making out, or maybe because Lee took his hand off my shoulder and started rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Or maybe... I can't think of any possible reason right now.

"Hey, Ria, so... er... I wanted to ask you something." 

"Shoot." I looked up at him and tilted my head in confusion. Lee never asked for permission to do anything. If he had to do something, then he would bluntly just do it. Like when we were seven and I was dressing myself to go out with my Mom, Lee barged into my room dragging me out to play, not caring if my Hello Kitty top was halfway through my head or not. If you want recent events, then it would be about last night, when he just put his lips on mine, just because I was jealous. Just the thought of that had me blushing like a beetroot.

He became even more nervous now that all my attention was on him. His cheeks tinted with color, an adorable sight I would kill to see. It's not every day that you see a man blushing just to ask a question.

"Um, will you go on -"

"Aria Ellen Bronte! Where the fuck are you?"

I winced when I hear Kate yelling out my full name. She did that only when she was angry. And judging by the tone of her voice, she's livid. I shivered when I thought of what she could do when she's pissed. Damn, that girl was like an erupting volcano! I clearly remember the time when I didn't get dressed for some stupid frat party which she wanted to go to. I was lying on the couch, munching on some Doritos while watching Netflix. She sneaked into my dorm room - oh, what am I saying? She was my roommate - and scared the living daylights out of me by yelling at me for not getting ready. And you know what the worst part was? She decided to pick my outfit for the party. She wanted it to be as slutty and revealing as possible so that I regret not listening to her when I had to. And then I had to undergo the silent treatment for almost two weeks from Alex for going to the party in that dress. Seriously, how many people can I listen to at a time? I shuddered at the memory.

"Why are you not in a swimsuit?"

Oh dear Lord, please let me stay alive today. I want to live until I see the babies I would have with Lee.

Which would be near to impossible.

But I'll take my chances.

I nervously shifted my weight from one leg to another while biting my lip nervously, like a naughty child being scolded for stealing a cookie. I didn't notice Lee walk away from behind me, looking upset. "I-I dunno." I replied stupidly and grimaced. Kate simply flashed me her infamous glare, which I'm almost used to, before handing me a bag containing some fabric.

"What's this?"

"A swimsuit, duh." I rolled my eyes at her flat reply, but walked begrudgingly to the bathroom. It was a dark grey one piece suit, with stripes of pink and yellow, which fitted me perfectly.

Once I had fully dressed up, I silently followed behind Kate and sat near the fire which was lit by the boys and cringed at Logan and Rose who were literally dry humping each other. Gross.