✒ Chapter 5

Katelyn's picture >>>>>>>>

"Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them...your smile, your hope, and your courage." ~Doe Zantamata

Not edited

Chapter 5

Aria

"Hey bitch! What made you call me today?"

I laughed softly, "Hello Kate. Why, shouldn't I call you as a best friend?"

"You haven't called in a long time, duh."

"I'm really sorry for that 'cause I was busy, and I have something to tell you."

"Is it about boys?" She asked enthusiastically. I roll my eyes, "Kinda. Be at the usual place with Rose."

"Sure. See ya in thirty." The beep notified that Kate had hanged up. She was so enthusiastic today. Maybe she got laid last night. Shaking my head in amusement, I change myself into a denim shirt and white leggings and wear my white converses. I take my wallet from my table and go down to eat my breakfast, again.

Evelyn glares at me as I descend the stairs as the guys wave at me. I ignore her glare as usual. I sit down at my table and serve myself Spaghetti Bolognese and gobble my food up (yes, I eat a lot). I take my car keys from the hanger and leave the house with a bye. I drive to the park where I and my best friends usually met. Kate and Rose haven't come yet. So I sit in my car and listen to songs on my radio.

I get out of my car as I see my best friends approaching a bench. I wave at them and sit next to them. The park was peaceful because there was silence among us.

"What did you want to tell us?" Rose's soft voice broke the silence.

I get to my house in a happy mood after enjoying hours today with my best friends after a long time. Grinning widely, I enter the house. It was eerily quiet, when I entered the living room.

Something's wrong.

No, maybe Evelyn and Alex fought again. I was usual and regular when Alex was home. I shook my head in annoyance. It's not even a day after he came and they had to fight. I felt bad for Alex. Evelyn and I wouldn't fight to this extent. When mum and Alex would fight, the whole neighborhood knew. Glass shattered on the floor, Alex shouting loudly and defending me-I gasped.

Did Alex fight for me again?

I groaned softly so no one could hear. He didn't have to defend me. What Evelyn said was true, I thought bitterly. He had to spoil his wonderful relationship with his mother-all because of me. Everything's my fault here. Don't know how.

I go to Alex's room to check on him. Empty. All of his friends are gone. But the room is surely dirty-so fast-in a day. I go downstairs and clean the mess. After all, it was because of me. I got up to my room and lie in my bed, exhausted and think about the good things happened today.

◀▶

"What did you want to tell us?" Rose's soft voice broke the silence.

"Why are we so quiet today? Are we mourning on someone's death?" Kate asked. Expect Kate to think of the worst ideas.

"No. Alex might have come today!" I giggled. "And?" They both squealed. "And his five friends might have come too. "Kate squealed like a kid getting her favorite toy. "Listen, it's not over yet. All of us can go on a road trip if your parents allow you to come."

"They would, wouldn't they?"

Kate and Rose lived with their parents, since they were too overprotective of their children. Also, it was dangerous for women like us to live alone. What I wouldn't give to have such a kind of family.

"It's better if we ask already!" Rose squealed. "Sure. Let's go now." All three of us ran towards my car like madwomen. Rose sat shotgun, while Kate jumped behind.

First we went to Kate's house. Her mom, Julie Wellington, is a beautiful woman. Kate has gotten her physical features from her mom and character from her dad. Julie hugged me and Rose, and gave us her famous cupcakes. She runs a café and her cupcakes are the best there. She asks us what made us come there as we munch on the cupcakes. She agreed to let Kate come with us when we asked if Kate could come to the road trip with us.

"Sure," she said, "Kate has to enjoy her life now, right? After marriage, she can't do all that, can she?" Rose and I laughed until tears came flooding out through our eyes when we saw Kate's red face. "Mom!" she whines, "You shouldn't think that far!"

"Oh, I can. Is it wrong to think of my baby having ten babies?" Julie winked. We left the house laughing loudly after Julie joked about Kate's ten kids and Kate with red face. Kate glared at us with crossed arms and we tried to muffle our laughs by coughing, keyword being tried. We drove towards Rose's house after settling in my car, laughing.

Thea Bishop, Rose's mom welcomed us with a warm hug. She was like a second mother to me. She always took care of me when mom wasn't there for me, that is, always. Dark brown hair, emerald green eyes with a soft personality that she became my favorite immediately when I met her. She immediately allowed Rose to come when she learnt that I would be there. She says and I quote, 'Kate isn't responsible enough.' We left Rose's house grinning like idiots.

"By the way, when are we going?" sensible Rose asked.

"Probably next Friday."

We spend the rest of the day shopping in the nearest mall. I was exhausted. Carrying a dozen shopping bags is not an easy task, if you ask me. After eating our favorite food at our favorite diner, we came back to my car, tired and our eyes drooping.

We went back to the park as Kate had left her car there and had been Rose's ride. After saying our goodbyes, Kate and Rose left for Rose's house and I drove back home.

I swear I've tried my best to correct any grammatical errors this time. If there are errors still, please let me know. Aaand some of you might be thinking when will Lia start sailing, I'm letting you know that the ship will sail after a few chapters. Until the next chapter, goodbye.

Please vote and comment.

Love,

_born_sarcastic__

[Teaser: "I don't think he's going to believe me unless we have proof."]