✒ Chapter 4

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." ~Theodor Seuss Geisel

Sid's pic(totally droolworthy John Abraham)>>>>>

Not edited

Chapter 4

Aria

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked angrily.

Huh?

"About what?"

"Your ex-boyfriend, best friend and college friend? What else?" He hissed.

"I don't remember you asking for it. And I didn't know they were your friends." I answered coolly. Alex grunted angrily to my response. The room was silent for approximately five minutes. "I'm really sorry. I just didn't want you to get hurt ag-"

"It's fine. Honestly, I know you're doing this because you care about me." I gave him a small smile though I felt bad for him going through all this. He couldn't get over Olivia after the murder. This topic makes me feel so upset. Urgh, why is our life so bad?

Sighing softly, he said, "How has life been?"

I gave him a forced sarcastic smile this time, "The same. Better actually." He sighed again, "Mum's not been better. If possible, she hates you more. She says that you've been eating up all her money these days."

I didn't reply. I couldn't. The back of my eyes started stinging with tears as I looked down. Noticing this, Alex pulled me into a tight, soothing embrace. "You're the strongest person I now. I'm sorry."

"Why do you apologize when you're not at fault?" I asked. He should hate me actually. I always break down in front of him. He must be irritated with this bratty girl. "That woman is our mom. She shouldn't treat you like this." He tried to console me. "Besides, why are you staying here? You have money, you can have your own apartment or something."

I froze. He is not supposed to know it.

"Uh, because... I-I want to?" I spluttered, making him sigh angrily.

"Dad's not supposed to force you to stay." My eyes widened.

"Ho-how do yo-you know that he forced-"

"Who else would do that?" I remain silent. "What did he blackmail you with?"

I bit my lip. Should I say it? Ah, fuck it. "You." I mumble quietly.

"What?" He asked, his mouth agape.

"He said that he wouldn't allow you to go to LA, if I didn't stay."

"But... I could have stayed here itself right?"

I snort, "Yeah sure. You wanted to go to Los Angeles, Alex. I could see it in your eyes."

"Sorry," He muttered softly, to which I shook my head, "Don't be. It's not your fault."

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands, because I wanted to change this topic. This is increasing the tension in the room. "Your girlfriend January,"

"What about her?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Do you love her?"

"I don't know." He blushed profusely. I giggled softly.

"It's definitely good. It's like a breather for you. You've not been in any relationship since...." Words died in my throat as I reached to another topic I wanted to avoid. Sensing this, he changed the topic,

"I'm not sure about this, but can we go for a road trip? With my friends?"

Seeing that my old buried feelings for Lee surfaced, I wanted to avoid him, but if I had to go, I would see Lee during the whole trip.

"I don't know...."

"Please, pretty please with a cherry on top? Your friends can come too. Please?" He had the puppy-dog look I could not resist. Sighing in defeat, I agreed. "Where are we going?" It's just a road trip. Let my feelings for Lee go to hell.

Alex squealed like a girl again. I chuckled at him, "Are you sure you're a boy?" This earned me a glare and a smack on my head.

"Ouch, it hurts!"

He chuckled, "That's why I smacked you. I'll let you know tomorrow morning. Goodnight baby girl." I grinned at the nickname he gave me years ago.

"Goodnight big bro."

I groaned as the sunlight blared through the curtains, waking me up. I get into the shower, wear a tank top and sweatpants and try to comb my so-called hair. Keyword being 'try'. My hair looks like a bird's nest after a heavy storm night. Grunting at my failed attempt, I go downstairs to civilize with my friends.

"Not a morning person, I see." Logan joked. I made a face at him and smiled at the so-called civilized animals in front of me. Dad's gone to work and mom's nowhere to be seen. "I'm hungry. Make me something to eat." I whined.

"You're not the queen of England, geez."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?" I pouted. All the guys groaned except for Sid, a.k.a. Siddharth, who was quiet. I'm really curious to hear his voice. What? he's pretty hot! And Lee seemed to be angry this morning. He wasn't a morning person too, I think. The guys set to work.

"Dude, your sister treats us like a slave." Logan grumbled. Alex snorted, "No shit, Sherlock." "Hey, don't call it slavery. You guys say that you should treat girls with respect. This girl is starving here. Shouldn't you treat me like a princess?" I frowned.

"More like a grumpy old lady. Here you go my princess-ow!" Ethan rubbed his head furiously after earning a smack from me.

"Hmm, food's not bad. By the way, Alex, didn't you have to tell me something today?" I asked, curious about where we're going.

"Oh yeah. What about Vegas? None of us have been there."

"But it's far." Ethan commented.

"It's okay. We can spend more time and get to know each other more." I replied.

"It's Las Vegas then."

"Yaaasssss!" All the guys fist pumped in the air except for Sid who had a neutral look on his face.

"When are we leaving?" Sid spoke for the first time. His voice was good, as expected, and he had that sexy British accent which had me swooning.

"Um, this Friday?"

"Sure, let me call Kate and Rose." I went to my room to call Katelyn, my current best friend. She's cheerful all the time. No wonder she got a job at a café so easily! She had the hots for bad boys. Dirty blonde hair, sexy body which girls die for and has guys flirting with her all the time. I usually have to drag her from let night parties she attends, and boy is she a stupid drunk.

Rosalind, my close friend, is a shy, beautiful girl with cute dimples. She had adorable freckles all over her face. Fiery red hair, big, doe-like eyes and a small cute nose. If I were a guy, I would definitely be possessive of her.

I imagine their reaction when I tell the news. They would be excited and mortified at the same time. Excited, since they could meet my brother and his hot friends, and mortified if they are not allowed to go. Chuckling at the thought, I called Kate.

I

was so eager to update that I forgot to proof-read ( Not that I used do before! ;) ). How was the chapter? I would really appreciate if you comment your feelings of the chapter.

Please vote and comment.

Love,
_born_sarcastic__

[Teaser: "Probably next Friday."]