✒ Chapter 11

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever." ~ The Notebook

Not edited

Chapter 11

Lee

"Aria!" I called out to her as I ran across the hallway to catch up on her.

As soon as I had realized that we shared a room, I got the chick out of the room and ran up in the direction where I thought Aria went. She was storming down the hallways with me hot on her trail.

"Aria, wait!" I called when I reached nearer. I held her forearm and turned her towards me. She was fuming and I could imagine steam coming out of her ears. Yeah, she was that livid.

"Aria," I panted. Even though I'm a soccer player, it was hard to catch her. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? After all that happened, all you say is sorry? Y—"

"As much as I'd love to talk about this, I don't want an audience right now." I interrupted her when I noticed people gathering around us.

She looked around nervously as she bit her lip, indicating that she was nervous, nodding her head.

"Look, I'm sorry." I say as I turn back and locked the door to our room. I pushed my hands into the pockets.

"Well, you should have hooked up with her somewhere else." Aria said, looking out of the window, at the city lights.

"I know, and I said I was sorry, right?" I raised my voice, making Aria angrier than she was before.

"You should have remembered that we share a room. And let's not forget the events of this morning. Was that even necessary? I wouldn't have spoken if it was a personal matter!" She yelled.

"I know okay? I shouldn't have done that."

"No shit, Sherlock." She deadpanned, which now made me angry.

"Besides, why would I bother when you don't care, huh? I waited for you, you know." I spat, mentioning the past. I'm sure I'll regret this later.

"I don't care? Yeah sure, calling you almost every day only to get ignored shows that I don't care." She said with hurt laced in her sarcastic tone.

She called me every day?

When I voiced out my thoughts, I got the answer I never expected.

"Yes, every day. Every single day I used to call you. Either it would go to voicemail, or your mother would pick the call saying you were busy and could not speak to me. Eventually I gave up."

Well, this is new. I thought that when my mother said that there's something wrong with my phone, she threw it away and got me a new phone. Immediately I had sent a text to Aria with my new phone.

"But I had texted you my new number." I said, frowning.

"You had?" She asked me flabbergasted.

"Yeah." I whispered. This was so confusing right now.

"You should have called me then." She commented, raising my temper again.

"Call you? Every time your number could not be reached!" I shouted.

"Oh yeah? How come that's possible?"

"Just shut up!"

We were shouting so much that we had not noticed that we were only inches apart.