Chapter 8

~3 Weeks Later ~ Your POV~

I haven't seen Joey for a while. And I guess that's good. I mean he wasn't going to like me back so there literally was no point.

I've gotten a job since then and I really like it. It's at a news channel. I just help around the place. I get coffee and make sure all of our guests are being treated well. I'm basically just an assistant to everyone who works there.

I haven't been home very much so I haven't missed Joey. I miss my family more than anything.

But anyways. Today I have off and I need to get groceries. It's about three o'clock and I haven't really done anything today so I decide to go to the store.

The store is about 3 miles away so I just ride the bus.

~

I collect my bags from the cashier as he writes something on my receipt. I take the paper from him and realize he wrote his number down. He smiles and winks at me. I pretend I didn't see it and crumple the receipt into a ball.

I walk out of the store with the grocery bags in my hands.

My phone buzzes so I go to grab it from my pocket. I look down at my phone and see that it's just an email. I lock it and pick my head up. I look up and I'm about three feet away from Joey.

I freeze and just stand there.

"Y/n.." Joey says.

I continue to look at him not saying anything.

"Listen. I'm really sorry." He walks closer to me making me tense up.

"For what?" I say rudely, pretending I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I should have come hang out with you. I should have called you. I'm sorry. Really." He says genuinely.

"Fine." I say. I continue walking towards the bus stop.

"HEY!" He yells.

"What?"

"Get in the car. I'm giving you a ride." He says.

~

When we got back to the apartments I got out of the car and started to walk away. I wasn't going to acknowledge the fact that he gave me a ride. Because I genuinely was upset that he hadn't talked to me in so long. He lead me on and then just completely dropped me. Like I was nothing. Like he didn't care.

I walked up the stairs to my floor and was surprised when I felt someone taking my grocery bags away from me. I turned to see Joey. He held the bags and nodded his head toward the stairs, telling me to keep walking. I rolled my eyes and took my keys from my purse out. I opened the door and let him in.

Honestly I wanted him to leave. He obviously didn't like me in the same way I liked him. He hadn't talked to me in almost a month, and I was just annoyed that he gave me such a half assed apology. I wanted him to leave and I wanted to get over him. I'm not sure how I even like him I haven't known him for that long and literally all we've done is hold hands.

Joey walks into my kitchen and sets the bags on the counter that has the least junk on it.

"Thanks," I mumble. "You can leave now.."

"Y/n." Joey sighs. He looks at me not knowing what to say.

"This is awkward." I say after a few moments of silence. It really was awkward.

"I'm sorry."

"You've already said that!" I yell annoyed.

~Joeys POV~