Chapter five

Me and Selena stayed with the cats for a while. Playing with them and talking about ransom things until we heard something. Something that sent shivers up my spine. Something that brought back another memory.

The man in black eyes drift down to the pearls. But quickly come back up and all of a sudden the gun is directed at my farther and the sound of a gunshot fills the air.

"Bruce come on let's go."Selina calls grabbing me and pulling me of the ground. Multiple gun shots fill the air.

The next sound I hear was the shot that killed my mother. She let's go of me then as she falling her hand reaches for my shoulder but Her body falls to the ground limp and it just brushes it.

The man runs past me but I just bend down next to there body's and call for them to reply. I cry out in anger

"NOOOOO!" I cry. Selina stops dragging me.
"Bruce what's your problem."she snaps. I'm can hear her but I'm not taking it in and I can't see her. All I can see is there bodies.

My feet start moving again but I'm on my knees.

My hand is held by someone but I am shaking my parents still bodies.

"Bruce. Hurry up" a distance voice calls out to me.

All of a sudden more gunshots go off very close. There were only two on the night of my parents death. That's why I'm still here.

I'm still here.

I snap out of the trance I was in and I see Selina running ahead of me. She turns her head around and her mouth starts to form my name but she doesn't say it. She just turns around and carries on running dragging me but I run as well at the same speed.  

The gunshots grow distant until we can't hear them no more, but we keep running for another 5 minutes then stop and catch our breaths.

It doesn't take Selina long at all because within a minute Selina grabs my by my shirt and pulls my face towards hers.

"What the hell do you think you were playing at?" She hisses. I can sense the anger in her, hear it in her voice and see it in her eyes. "Huh Bruce. Want to explain yourself! We could have been killed because you were scared! To scared to move! To scared to do anything!" Her words strike my like daggers and they cut deep.

I didn't move, run do anything to protect them. And this time I did the same but also made it worse because I slowed Selina down. She could have gotten away easily scaled the fire escape but having to save me put her at risk. I'm useless. I can concur my  fears when I'm alone but when it comes to it mattering I do nothing.

"I'm sorry." I mumble but she heard it as our faces are still almost touching.

"Just know next time..." she purrs." I'm leaving you behind."  She let's go of my shirt and steps back, she starts walking away from me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: hi. So I am very busy so I'm going to post when I can. I've been writing the chapter at different times today. When I'm in the car. Waiting for my food at the restaurant and when the Internet went down 😂😂 hope you like this chapter.

QOTD
What do you want to happen next??