Chapter nineteen

I come to again and I'm surprised when I don't feel any pain. But I'm even more surprised when I feel a small figure curled up into me.

My breath catches as I open my eyes to see Selina. She curled into a small ball against me sleeping. She looks worm out even though she in a deep sleep. Selina looks peaceful and beautiful. Oh god she so pretty.

I slowly move my hand to her face and push the strands of hair covering her face. I can see her cat like features. My eyes drift to her lips and I don't know why but when I see them my heart races.

I suddenly feel the urge to go to toilet. I don't want to get up. I don't want to disturb her, as the bags under her eyes say she hasn't sleeper in ages.

The urge gets stronger. I slowly begin the move away. Selina, to my dissatisfaction, begins to stir.
Her eyes flutter open. I've missed those eyes.

Selina looks at me. Emotions flash across her face. She sits up, I do.

"Hey..." I say. I wait for her to reply back. I wait for her to say hey but she doesn't. Instead Selina gives me a big shove.
I fall backwards and hit the mattress.
I'm stunned. I just lay there.
"You Jerk!" She snaps. My mind spins. I'm so confused. "What the hell were you thinking! Why did you stay there? You should have found a safe place!"

I sit back up.

"I-I..." I cant get any words out.

All of a sudden Selina embraces me. Her arms wrap around my neck and her head rest on my shoulder. This is so unlike her.
I wrap my arms around her also. The only word I can get out after this sudden show of affection is "Sorry."

"You could have died." She mutters into my shoulder. "I've been worried Bruce. You did wake up after Lee gave you stitches. She kept saying he's lost so much blood. He needs a hospital. But I knew gordan was right. You wouldn't be safe there."

She pulls away. I let her go. But she doesn't move to far.

"I didn't die. I'm here."
"Yeah after two weeks, jack ass" she embarrassed ax she punches my arm.

I can't resit the new urge that takes over the previous.

Selina's POV
He lips collide with mine. I don't do anything for a second but then I kiss him back. Its nothing exotic. Its just a soft gentle kiss, softer than the touch of a feather. But it feels like nothing I've ever felt before. I've kissed Bruce before but this time was different. This time I felt sparks, fireworks. I didn't want it to end.

"I brought you some more food... to ...um..." A voice I know all to well says after the sound of the loud metal door screeching.

Bruce and I pull away from each other. We share a look. I cant explain the look, I don't know what it means. But it makes me want to kiss him again.

"Good to see your finally awake Master Bruce." I turn to look at Alfred. He standing by the open door with a brown grocery bag in his hand. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah. Its good to be awake, Alfred." Bruce replays. I look at him, he's face is beet red. I hope mine isn't.

"Well isn't this a nice surprise. I just came by to check on you and now maybe I can take you back to your home." He walks over to the metal table and starts unpacking the bag.

Gordon called Alfred after Lee finished up with Bruce, despite my protests. I was glad Lee said that he shouldn't be moved while in his Coma because Alfred was so determined to take him away...from me. So instead Alfred has been coming to check on Bruce and bring me food almost every day. The other days he's been with Gordon and Bullock trying to hunt down the man that got away from they alley.