Chapter 31

*Jessica's POV*

I walk down the hallway as soon as my classes are over. I can't help but wonder where Harry is. I haven't seen him since morning. Where could he be?

I snap back to reality as I hear a squeaky voice behind me.

"Oh look who's here" I hear Steph remark

"Hey douchebag" I hear someone say.

"Hey those shoes are pretty cool, where'd you get them from? Are they your grandma's?" I hear Hillary say, laughing loud enough to draw everyone's attention in the hallway towards us.

"Hey nerd, can you do my homework for me?"

"Ew, Is that a wig on your head?"

I try my best to ignore the hurtful comments as I walk down the hallway. My vision is cloudy as my eyes well up with tears, again. Why do they always make me feel like this? What have I ever done to them?

Suddenly, I unknowingly bump into someone and I hear a loud thud as the books fall down.

"I..I'm so sorry" I say, as a tear escapes my eyes

"Look where you're going, bitch" The girl says

"I...I" I say and try to pick up the books but I'm stopped as I receive a harsh glare from the girl. "Fuck off" She remarks, gathering the books herself.

I hear Steph make a pfftt sound as everyone laughs. "Loser" Hillary remarks, laughing.

But suddenly, there is a dead silence as I hear a loud voice.

"Who the fuck are you calling a bitch?"

"I..." The girl starts

I hear him mumble something as he walks towards me and grabs my arm. "Let's go" He says and drags me behind him as I hear a loud gasp from behind.

--------

He lets go off my arm once we reach the library. Walking towards a table, he grabs a chair. "Sit" He says and grabs another chair for himself.

"Thank you... for that" I awkwardly say.

"You don't have to thank me for that" He says, awkwardly. He opens his mouth to say something but he stops as he looks at me. "Were you crying?"

"No" I lie, shaking my head.

"Don't fucking lie to me" He says

*Harry's POV*

She shakes her head, again as I frown. I know she was crying, she was. They probably bullied her again.

"Did they bully you again?" I say, anger rising in me at the thought of her being bullied by those bunch of idiotic freaks.

"No" She says.

"Jess..."

"Change the subject please" She whines.

"Fine" I say, giving up. "But if they-"

"Please, Harry. I don't want to talk about it"

"Okay, fine" I say. "But nobody can speak shit about you. Except me" I say and she smiles. "By the way, how did your mum-" I start to ask, but she cuts me off.

"Oh, about that" She says, "She was a little pissed off"

"A little?" I ask, grinning

"Okay, Okay, a lot. She started speaking shit about you and stuff and-"

"What did you say?" I ask

"I talked back to her, of course" She says, lightly banging the desk. "I would never let my mum talk shit about you" She says and I'm.unaware of the grin that is spread across my face until her cheeks flush in embarassment.

"No..no not like that, uhm I meant I would never let her talk shit about... you know.. any of my.. friends" She says and I can't help but laugh at her horrified expression.

*Jessica's POV*

I love to watch him smile. Those damn dimples.

"I'm glad my parents aren't here. I can't imagine the shit I'd have to go through if they were here"

"What?" I ask

"Yeah, they live in Jacksonville" He says.

"Jacksonville? Why?" I ask

"Because that's our home. We moved from London to Jacksonville a few years back" He says

"Then why are you here? In California?" I ask

"I don't like it back there" He says, staring at the table. "Its just-" He starts to say but then stops as he looks at me. "Nothing, Just leave it"

"What is it?" I ask

"Its-" He starts to say but stops as his eyes dart to my hands. Suddenly his eyes go wide as I realize what he's staring at. I try to yank my hand away from his as he grabs it, but he's too strong.

"Are those....Are..." He says, staring at my hand.

"No....No" I stutter, trying my best not to meet his cold green eyes looking at mine.

AN: I'm really really really sorry for the late update, guys. I had exams so I couldn't update. Sorry again :( But I promise I'll make it up with a double update today xo