Chapter 21

*Jessica's POV*

I walk towards the teachers room and I'm surprised to find the door locked. I lightly knock on the door.

"Sir?" I say, in a low voice.

No answer.

I put my hand on the wooden door and lean in closer, straining to pick up any sound.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice and I nearly jump.

Harry goddamn Styles.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me

"None of your business" I say, remembering what had happened a couple of days ago. "I thought you didn't want to talk to me" I snap

His face turns into a frown. "I don't fucking care either. And plus, don't over react bitch, I just asked you what the fuck you were doing. None of the teachers are here anyway, everyone's gone home" He spits and walks past me. I turn back to say something in return but then I remember something.

Liam.

Shit. I glance at my watch and gasp. It's already 3:40. I walk downstairs. The school was practically empty. I walk towards the cafeteria, practising an apology speech on the way. But to my astonishment, I don't find Liam anywhere. I look around, inside the cafeteria, but I don't find him anywhere. Did he go home? No, he wouldn't do that. Suddenly, I spot someone standing near the gate. Could it be Liam? I start walking towards the gate but I'm interruped by someone calling my name.

"Hey girl, are you Jessica?"

I turn back and see someone standing behind me. He looked as if he was in his fifties. He was tall and had gray hair. I instantly recognized him as Marty, one of the workers in the cafeteria.

"yeah" I say

"Well, some guy called Liam told me to tell you that he'd be waiting for you near the back gate" He says

"Oh okay, thanks" I say, forcing a smile.

"No problem" He says, grabbing his bag after closing the cafeteria door.

I walk towards the back gate as I try to ward off the small doubt nagging at the back of my mind. Why didn't Liam call or text me? If there was something like this, then he would've definitely texted me. Why didn't he do that? Well, maybe there was a problem-

"Ow-" I say, as my feet hit a rock and I jerk forward all of a sudden, losing my balance. I quickly hold on to a tree in front of me, in order to stop myself from falling. "Ugh" I say and start walking again. The path was completely deserted. There were leaves everywhere. Ugh. Where is Liam?

I look around, searching for Liam. But, he was nowhere to be found. Maybe he's standing outside the gate? Just as I think of taking my phone out of my bag to call him, I hear a voice.

"Well, look who decided to join us" I hear a squeaky voice and I knew I had made the wrong decision of coming here.

AN: Hey guys, I'm sorry if the chapter is kinda short. I'll do a longer chapter next and plus, can you guys please vote and share this story? It would mean a lot to me, if you do, thank you xx