Chapter 50

“Jess get up”

He pleaded.

“Jess, please. What happened to you?”

She didn’t answer.

“Jess, don’t you dare fall asleep”

He pleaded again, but she didn’t respond. She had been silent the whole ride, drifting off into sleep every once in a while, as Niall woke her up every time she tried to. He had just been hanging out with some friends, little did he know what he was going to see. He had tried taking her to a hospital, but there was none nearby. His home was quite far, as well, he wouldn’t be able to keep her awake throughout the ride. So he drove her to his friend’s place, the nearest he knew.

Little did he know it was the last place she wanted to be.

He carried her by the shoulders as she slumped ever so often, trying to regain her balance. She didn’t know what was happening to her, everything around her was just so dizzy and blurry, it felt as if her surroundings were spinning and she couldn’t regain her balance. He personally struggled to even get her up the stairs and towards the door, before impatiently pounding on the door.

“Open the damn door, Harry”

She didn’t know what was going around her. Her energy was completely drained, and she felt as if she was going to fall, any second.

He ringed the doorbell, two times, three times. There was no answer. He impatiently knocked and pounded against the door, until the door finally swung open.

“What the hell do you think-“

He stopped. His angry face immeditately changed into one of pure horror and fear. “I need to get her inside” Niall said, pushing past him and all Harry could do was gasp. He shut the door behind them as Niall got her on the couch, her body still shivering from being in the cold for that long.

“Shit” Niall said, his hand touching her forehead. “She’s got a fever”

“I’ll bring the meds” Harry countered, walking towards the cabinets in a hurry. He was still in shock, whoever had done this to her, he decided he would find out and beat the living fuck out of them. He couldn’t stand to see her this way, she was a wreck. He rushed towards Niall who forced her to get up and take the meds before she mumbled a few words which neither of them could understand. She slept back down again as Niall took the glass from her hand and kept in on the table. Harry stood there, watching her drift off into sleep before the blonde boy spoke up.

“We need to talk”

“What?” Harry shot up, tearing his gaze away from the girl on the couch.

“Not here.” Niall mumbled walking towards the kitchen as Harry trailed behind him.

*Harry’s POV”

“What the fuck did you do?” Niall spat, moving forward.

“You think I did something to her?” I spat back at him, pacing back and forth. I was more confused than him about this whole situation and here he is, accusing me.

“Well, of course you did. She was lying in the cold alleyway. God knows what would’ve happened to her if I didn’t find her”

“Alleyway?” I stopped and turned to face him. “What was she doing there?”

“I should be asking you that”

“Stop the fuck there. What makes you think I did something to her. I was here, all the time”