Chapter 49

“Told you she’d be here” One of them snickered.

“Steph and Harry do pick up the dumbest out of the lot, don’t they?”

My heart dropped at the mention of his name as they laughed. There were almost 3, or 4 boys in the group, two of them holding a cigarette in their hand. I backed away from the boys, I recognized them as people from school, but they were the last people I wanted to talk to right now. One of them walked towards me as I  backed away again.

“Stay away from me” I warned. I was beginning to get afraid. How could I have just believed the text? Something at the  back of my mind told me it wasn’t right, If I had listened to it, I wouldn’t be here right now.

“Aw babe” One of them sneered. “We just want to have some fun”

“You think this is funny?” I spit, clearly too angry. Honestly, I was just angry at myself, my subconscious sneering at me with a I told you, now look what you’ve done look.

I try to get away and escape but one of the boys leans against the wall, blocking my exit. I should’ve known better. I turn the other way to run away, but another blocks my exit as I start to get more and more afraid, just like the coward I am. I wanted to yell at them and run away, away from this place but I was too afraid, too timid. I had never experienced this kind of situation before, and if I was afraid before, it was nothing compared to this.

“We called you here for a reason babe” One of them says and I grimace at the last word. He was less than a foot away from me, cigarette dangling in his mouth as he spoke. “Actually, she called you”

Before I could ask what he meant, he started edging closer and my mind was only focused on getting away from him rather than thinking about how to escape from here. I backed away, only to find that I was trapped in this dark alleyway. I should’ve known better, Liam would’ve never texted that way, but right now, thinking about it was no use. I was the one to blame, for getting myself in a situation like this, and I was supposed to get out.

That, I couldn’t do.

I hadn’t even realised the tears that had started to make their way down my cheeks, due to fear building up inside me with every step he took. The place smelled of cigarette and beer and smoke, only irritiating me the more. He raised his hand, grazing his fingertips lightly along my face as the others laughed and I flinched, my eyes shut, wanting to just escape away from here. He cupped my face, bringing me closer as I sobbed harder. I wanted to scream at him, yell at him, but I couldn’t find my voice at all.

“God, no wonder he wanted you in bed” He whispered in my ear and the only emotion that I could even feel was disgust, complete and utter disgust. My mind was too confused to think about what he had said, and what it could mean, but instead was more concerned with how close he was getting.

“Get away from me” I finally found my voice, more demanding than ever as I yanked his arm away from my face. His facial expression soon changed to an angry one as he grabbed my wrist. “Don’t touch me” I tried to get away from him, begging him to let me go as he grinned. He was probably enjoying the show, as I desperately tried to get away from him and this place. The others laughed at my struggle, making crude comments every once in a while. Finally, I mustered up all the strength I could, struggling to get away from him. I finally yanked his hand off my wrist, pushing him and running away, away from this hell of a place which I regretted coming to in the first place. But no sooner had I taken a few steps than he grabbed my arm again, pushing me up against the wall. My wide eyes scanned his frustrated expression, his dark eyes eyeing mine.

“Trying to escape honey?”

He edged in closer, too close for my liking and I desperately begged, begged for him to let me go. He let out a breathy laugh against my skin as the others stood and watched the show, which, perhaps, seemed amusing to them. I tried pushing him away, my hands on his chest, desperately trying to increase the distance between us.