Chapter 5

A/N: I'm sorry it takes me a while to update this story. I realize I suck for making you guys wait. I'm sick, again.

Wattpad deleted 90% of this chapter... Fucking hell I am sorry if you read the chapter and were confused by the length and how it just abruptly ended.

I don't enjoy writing this story as much as my others for some reason. So updates may not happen that fast with this story.

Also:

=^.^=

*Derek pov*

As the last bell rings I push myself up from my desk and head to the gym. I feel excitement building in the pit of my stomach. It's the first day since the school year started that I've gotten to use the gym after school. I'm going to spend the next twenty or so minutes beating the shit out of a bag of sand hanging from the celling. It probably sounds stupid but it lets of so much steam I feel amazing afterwards.

After changing into some sweatpants and a zip up hoodie, I pushed the door to the gym open. I smile seeing the small group of people sitting inside, waiting for me. Emma's sitting on the bleachers talking to Zach and her friend Chelsea. My other friend Jesse is making out with his girlfriend Heather up against the bin on basketballs.

"Hey Derek!" Zach calls when he sees me. I smile and wave back at my friend.

"Hey guys."

"Was your day as excruciatingly Boring as mine?" Chelsea asks sarcastically. I chuckle, I don't know Chelsea that well, but she's starting to grow on me.

I set my backpack down, and take my water bottle out of it as Zach jumps off the the bleachers. He rushes over to the other side of the gym and picks up one of the big sandbags from the small pile of them. He carries it back over to us and places it up on a hook. I smile at he drops it and it sways slightly as it hangs there.

"Thanks man." He nods and then his vision moves to me left, he rolls his eyes.

"Hey if you two could stop sucking face anytime soon that would be great." He calls over to them. Heathers hand untangles it self from Jesses hair and she puts up her middle finger at Zach who chuckles as hops back up on the bleachers.

I smile affectionately at my friends before strolling over to the sandbag. I watch it swing slowly for a second and then slam my fist into it. It falls back, but then comes rushing back towards me. I casually step out of the way and give it another hard jab on the other side.

"So, have any of you met the new kid?" Chelsea asks after a second.

"Briefly, but Derek interrupted us." Emma grumbles with a hint of annoyance, I roll my eyes.

"He is so hot, didn't you think so Em?" Chelsea asks enthusiastically.

"He's alright." Emma says indifferently, I smile inwardly. Good. Guys are assholes, Emma doesn't need to be involved in that. Chelsea groans.

"Ugh it's impossible to talk about boys with you." She complains at Emma who rolls her eyes.

"So sorry I'm not obsessed with boys like you." Chelsea ignores her and turns to me.

"What about you Derek?"

"Huh?" I ask just barely stepping out of the path of the swinging sandbag.

"The new kid! You saw him, didn't you think he was hot?" Chelsea prompts. She knows I'm gay, they all do, but they're the only ones in the school who do.

"I guess...I didn't really get a good look at his face to be honest. It doesn't matter Im not looking for a relationship right now." I mumble indifferently. It's true, I didn't get a good look at him.

"Well I saw him first hour and let me tell you, he is sexy as hell. I'm going to try my luck with him if you aren't." Chelsea tells me. For some reason her statement angers me. I grit my teeth and punch the sandbag harder as they continue the conversation.

"Chels we really don't want your opinion on the matter." Jesse tells her, I guess him and heather are done eating each other mouths now...

"Just wait until you guys see him, he's going to have every girl in school after him. But Im going to get him first." Chelsea continues, I feel my temper rising with every word she speaks. I take all my anger out on the sandbag, hitting it much harder then I normally do. Emma seems to notice my change in mood.

"Chelsea shut up." She says only half joking.

"Why?" Out of the corner of my eye I can see Emma subtly gesture towards me and Chelsea pouts.

"What? He said he's not interested! I wanna have fun with a hot boy!" She whines, as she finishes taking I slam my fist into the sandbag as hard as I can and it comes flying off the hook. It lands on the gym floor with a loud thud. I stare at it, panting, suddenly aware of the stinging in my hands.

There's several minutes of silence, the only sound being my tired heavy breathing, then Emma speaks up. The others are probably scared I'll punch or something..

"Derek.... Are you okay?" She asks gently. I take a deep breath.

"Fine.." I mumble.

"You sure?" I nod.

"Yeah..I'm done for today. C'mon Em, lets go home." Emma frowns but hops off the bleachers and follows me out the door, waving goodbye to our friends quickly as the door shuts.

I sigh, trying to figure out what had gotten me so mad...