Chapter 7

A/N: 

Good.

*Derek pov*

I cut the engine of my black Ferrari as we pull up to the house. I push my door open and exit the, Emma does the same. I walk up the stone steps to the large dark wood door and push my key into the lock. The door clicks open and we both enter.

Instantly a delicious smell enters my nose and my mouth practically starts watering. Emma seems to notice because she inhales deeply.

"Smells like... Cookies." She concludes I nod in agreement.

"It does. Lets go see if you're right."

We make our way to the kitchen, and our... Nanny, for lack of a better word, Marie. She's taking a pan of light colored cookies out of the oven, placing them on a cooling rack on the counter.

"Yum." Emma says exaggeratedly sniffing the fresh cookie fumes.

"How was school?" She asks smiling at us.

"I got detention again." I say, earning a disapproving glance.

"Did you get into another fight sweetie?"

"The seniors were on my ass again." I say with a shrug. Marie sighs.

"Well, at least you made it a week this year."

"Where's mom and dad?" Emma asks, Marie smiles apologetically.

"They had to fly out a few hours ago."

Gone...Again....

"Where are they this time?"

"They didn't say specifically, I suspect somewhere because they packed warm clothes." She explains.

Our parents are always leaving, sometimes for business, some times for pleasure. The point is, they are almost never here.

Whatever....

"Nu uh, you'll spoil your dinner." Says Marie, swatting Emma's hand away from the cookies. Emma pouts.

"Both of you get outa here." She shoos us.

We both roll our eyes and exit the kitchen.

I make my way to my room, and shut the door once I'm inside. I take my iPod off my desk and flip it into a random song, collapsing in my giant bed as I listen.

Say my name and his in the same breath

I dare you to say they taste the same

I close my eyes, and begin to think about earlier in the gym.

Let the leaves fall off in the summer

And let December glow in flames

Why had I gotten so pissed?

Erase myself and let go

Start it over again in Mexico

I meeam, I get pissed all the time, but this felt... different somehow.

These friends, they don't love you

They just love the hotel suites, now

I can't explain it, but there was some other emoition in there besides anger......

Oh take a chance, let your body get a tolerance

I'm not a chance, put a heat wave in your pants

It almost felt like.... jealousy

Pull a breath like another cigarette

Pawnshop heart trading up

But... what do I have to be jelous aobut?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A few hours later, there a nock at the door. I take my head phones out of my ear and cleared my throat.

"Yeah?" I call.

"Dinner." Emma responds.

I push myself off my bed, and walk over to the door. I push it open to find my sister standing there with two bowls of spaghetti, I take a whiff of the food and smile.

"Thanks." She nods and hands me one of the bowls.

We both sit on my bed and begin to eat. The food is warm ad delicious. After taking a few bites, Emma stands up and walks across the room, grabbing a soda from my mini fridge.

"So, what exactly happened today in the gym?" She asks, plopping down on my huge bean bag chair. I sigh, I was hoping she wouldn't bring it up..

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mumble.

"Don't bullshit me Derek. I swear I thought the flesh was going to melt off your face for a second in there." She says refusing to drop it.

"I don't know okay? Can you just fucking drop it?" I snap, wishing she could learn when not to fucking pry....

We sit glaring at each other for a minute, before she simply stands up and walks to the door. Right before she exits, she turns around. He face has softened, but she still looks annoyed.

"You know, maybe if you'd stop pushing everyone away you wouldn't be so mad all the time." She points out, leaving before I can say anything.

I sigh, closing my eyes and letting my head fall back heavily on my pillow. Knowing she's right, but refusing to accept it...