Chapter 11

A/N: I wish I was a hobbit, or an elf.

Heh.

Pointy ears.

Yupp.

*Noah pov*

'Dude what happened to you?' Nick asks me as I meet him and Morgan before first hour in the library.

"Some dude jumped me after school yesterday. " I explain, cringing at the memory.

I don't know if you've ever been punched directly in the face before, but I don't recommend you to try it.....

"Oh my god are you okay?" Morgan asks, I smile.

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks to Derek actually." I say, my tone getting softer towards the end.

"What the hell do you mean thanks to Derek?" Nick asks, narrowing his eyes slightly, I look down awkwardly.

"Well... He kinda saved me." I mumble.

"From the guy who attacked you?" I nod.

"Yeah, after last period this guy is never seen before comes up and just starts beating on me. Then a few minutes later Derek showed up and took care of him for me." Nick just stands there, glaring at the floor for a minute, before he finally speaks.

"Just remember, Derek is an asshole, I wouldn't trust him just because he did you one favor." He warns, I blink.

"Nick stop, this is not the time." Morgan warns, Nick sighs and seems to calm down.

"Who attacked you? Was its one of Derek's friends?" Morgan asks, before I can ask what Nicks problem is. I shrug.

"I don't think it was one of his friends, unless he shows friendship by beating the shit out of people." I mumble, Morgan chuckles.

"Oh you'd be surprised, this is Derek we're talking about." I chuckle softly along with her.

"Yeah true."

"Did you catch any names?"

"Derek called him... Uh... Adam I think." They both blink in confusion.

"Adam, as in Adam Bentley?" Nick asks, I shrug.

"Maybe, all I heard was the name Adam."

Morgan walks over to a shelf and pulls a yearbook off of it. She flips through the pages rapidly, finally stopping on one. She turns the book towards me and points to a picture.

"That him?" She asks, I glance at the picture and nod.

"Yeah, why?"

They both exchange worried but at the same time confused glances. For a minute or two, no one speaks. Then the bell rings.

"You two alright?" I ask, Morgan nods.

"Yeah you better get to class." She nods towards the door. I mentally shrug and leave.

I wonder what's got them so worried?

*Derek pov*

"WHY?" I roar in the trebling dudes face.

"Ah! Let me go!" He cries as I shove him against the wall.

"Then tell me why Adam attacked the new kid!" I demanded.

"He saw you talking to him in class the other day, he thought you guys were friends so he thought hurting him would get to you!" The dude rushes to get out.

"Where is Adam now?" I ask narrowing my eyes.

"He stayed home sick, said he would be back in a few days." The freshmen stammers, looking terrified as I look into his eyes with violent intentions.

"When he gets back, tell him to pay me a visit. Got it?"

He nods rapidly, I drop him and he runs off as fast as he can. I sigh, closing my eyes.

Fucking Adam.... He never knows when to stop. I was going to talk to him today, but he didn't show up. Luckily he has his little group of followers that can relay the message to him. I just have to politely ask them.... With my fists..

I don't know why.. But I feel like it's somehow my job to protect Noah. I've never felt that way about anybody, except Emma of corse.

I close my eyes and lean my head against the lockers. I don't wanna think about this shit right now.

Suddenly, I hear a soft familiar laugh coming from the end of the hallway. My heart practically stops and my eyes fly open as I recognize the voice. I glance around desperately as I try and locate the person it belongs to.

Never in a million years did I think I would hear that voice... His voice again.