Chapter 12

Moons later... Darkness stalks them like prey

"Did you hear?" Bouncefire said, boncing up and down as Wildclaw woke up.

"What!" She hissed, not even asking.

"Flametail, is... dead!" He mewed. Running back and forth.

"How? Who? He was so young!" Wildclaw yelled back.

"He fell in the lake, everyone said Jayfeather did it, I know Jayfeather was saving him, not killing him, but his sister or something is going to attack ThunderClan." He responded, calming down.

"Dawnpelt, his sister I believe since I know Tawnypelt, she wouldn't go crazy blaming anyone." Wildclaw calmly answered.

"I hope Flametail enjoys StarClan." Bouncefire replied, grieving for his lost friend.

"I bet he will, he was a good cat." Wildclaw comforted him, she sat next to hm and gave him gentle licks on his head.

Later in in the day, Crowfeather came in, coughing and had a sore throat.

"Bouncefire, can I have cough and sore throat herbs?" He asked.

"Okay hold on!" Bouncefire yelled from the storage room. He came out a few seconds later with a bundle of tansy and a honey coated comb.

"Thanks Bouncefire, where's Wildclaw?" Crowfeather asked, eating the tansy.

"She said she went to make dirt, I hope she's coing back, I mean it's been a while, she left a sun-high, buts it's almost sun-down." Bouncefire replied.

"She might've went to get herbs." Croswfeather suggested, licking the honey.

"Yeah, thanks Crowfeather, you can stay in here for a while, waters by the nests." Bouncefire told him, rushing for the hillsides.

Wildclaw trekked through the tall grass, getting to Moonpool but stopping every while to hunt. It should take her a short time to get to Moonpool, but she explored, found herbs, caught prey and quickly ram back to put it on the fresh-kill pile so nobody would see her.

"Okay, a few more minutes until sun-down." She told herself, racing up the hill.

"Wildclaw?"A voice asked. Wildclaw froze in her tracks and hid under some thick and tall grass. But paw steps grew louder, a shadow loomed over her.

"What the Dark Forest? Bouncefire you scared the dirt outta me!" Wildclaw exclaimed, she was furious.

"Your going to Moonpool?" He asked.

"Yes, I.. I have to go alone." She stammered, and pounded up the hill.

"Huh?" Bouncefire stood there, confused.