Unexpected

I stirred the pot of grits while sitting on my handmade stool. I wasn't capable of standing for long periods of time. Now that I'm 8 months pregnant my body is beginning to slow down. " Good morning mommy" Josiah hugged my legs. I quickly stopped stirring the pot of grits. His curly hair was now cut into a low curly fade. " what the fuck!" I shouted causing Josiah to wrinkle his nose " no swearing mommy" he popped my hand. I sighed " baby where is your daddy?" "Right there" Josiah pointed to Kendrick , he had bags of grocery in his arms. " why the hell did you cut my baby hair?" I was so upset I didn't plan on cutting Josiah's hair anytime soon. He chuckled " its just hair Brooklyn dam it'll grow back!" Kendrick seemed to be annoyed but I was also. I was tired of him doing shit and me not being aware of it until its too late. " if I don't ask you to do shit then don't do i--- !" I felt a sharp pain in my stomach causing me to gasp for air. Kendrick rushed over to me " what's wrong?" He looked into my eyes and I could tell he was worried. " I think I'm having contractions. I've been having faint pains all day, but this was the sharpest one I've felt. " let's get you to the hospital then" he carefully helped me up " call aunt Bessie ." " you don't need to worry about anything else except our child right now" his tone was stern. He made sure I was safely in the car before going back inside to get Josiah. I exhaled for long periods of time trying to stay calm as possible. I hope babygirl was doing okay. Everything happens for a reason , if I have to meet her earlier than expected then so be it I just want her healthy. Kendrick quickly buckled Josiah into his car seat ,then we were off to the hospital. Kendrick had to be going at least 120 on the highway we arrived to the hospital in no time. Once I arrived the medical team were already outside with a wheelchair. " Well isn't this unexpected " a blonde hair nurse stated as she rolled me onto the elevator. All I could do was nod, I was in so much pain. Dont worry your princess will be just fine. After removing my clothes and putting a gown on, I was immediately helped into the hospital bed. " Just relax " the nurse stated as she placed a IV into my arm then oxygen tubes inside of my nose. She jotted notes onto her clipboard & iPad. "Your vitals are fine , how far apart are the contractions?" I fumbled around for a second " about 5-10 minutes." She nodded her head " I'll go get the doctor." As she left Kendrick entered , but not with Josiah " where is my baby?" Kendrick placed a kiss onto my forehead " with my parents , your aunt is on the way" I instantly became relieved I needed her here. " listen Brooklyn I'm sorry for everything , I promise once you get out of here I'll make it up. I dont ever want you to feel like I'm In love with someone else when you're the only person I truly care about." I felt a tear fall from my eye , I didn't respond to him I just nodded my head. We cold discuss our problems later. The only thing that matters is babygirl.