CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

I know all is well if my plan will make it.

"Stop! Stop it right now!" I yell, banging my fists on the glass walls.

They have my attention now. It's now or never.

Commander Blue opens the door.

In the corner of my eye, I take a quick glance. Jacob is nowhere in sight.

Good. He's caught on.

"Miss Castor, what a surprise. We're sorry you had to see this." Officer Aurelia says, her voice so causal that it makes me sick.

Like it is okay beating someone to where they can't even see out of one eye.

"Please, how may we help you, Soldier Castor?" Jon asks, his sarcasm dripping from his mouth.

If I make the wrong move, most certainly I'll end up like Leslie.

"Yes," When I look up at Leslie, my stomach rips. Her greasy hair is covering her face, but that doesn't stop me from noticing. Her bloody nose, her cut eyebrow, her busted lip. On her arms, bruises run up her body. Where else, I can't even describe. If I do, I may go on an outrage. I can't do that now. That won't get us anywhere. Leslie, Jacob, and I getting away, is the main priority right now.

"Yes. I was wondering if you guys needed help. I got an order from Officer Aura. He said to help you." I stand up and salute, my back straight and rigid.

I hope Jacob's where I told him to be where I told him to be by now, because after this, I am sure going to need him.

Officer Aurelia pulls a gun from behind her back, aiming at me. "Really. Because, I didn't hear anything about this." she says, lunging for me.

I pull my gun out from my undershirt.

I hear the click. All the guns aimed at me.

I never finish my sentence. Commander Blue throws Leslie to the ground, and in a swift movement so fast that I can't believe my eyes, he shoots Officer Aurelia.

"What are you waiting for? Go! Get her and go while you can." Commander Blue mouths.

I lip read him. (Father taught me how to do this.)

I don't waste another second. I reach her to grab her, only other hands grab me too.

Jon.

"Where do you think you're going, June?" he laughs, smashing his fists against my head repeatedly.

I suck in my breath, twisting around, kicking my leg up to his groin.

"What I'm doing is something you can't stop!" I spit.

He's down on the floor, groaning and moaning, his body curled up into a ball.

"June, you saved me." Leslie says, reminding me of what I have to do. She's conscious, and I must've lost five minutes of my plan.

"I'm not done yet, Leslie." I manage to say. "Can you stand?"

She tries, trembling while she takes her weight off of me and onto her legs.

I have to hold my hand out to catch her.

I place her arms around my neck, the other around another gun from my pocket. "Here. You're going to need this, Leslie." I breathe.

That's when the alarms go off.

I forgot about the other soldier. He must've slipped off and told the other authorities.