Chapter 3

My POV

I ran upstairs and changed. Since I hadn't unpacked yet it took me a couple of minutes, but I pulled together a pretty decent outfit. My hair was still straightened so my hair was fine and I really quick re-did my make up to match my outfit. I put on some shorts, a white long sleeve shirt that had the left shoulder cut off, it was super thin too. and some blue vans. I also put on a little bit of eye shadow, put on some earrings and my sister necklace Sami gave me when I started kindergarten it holds so many memories. I have the one that says 'Ters, Ver'. She had the other half that says ‘Sis, 4e’. I put some frizz stuff in my hair, took one more glance in the mirror and walked back downstairs.

http://www.polyvore.com/beach_day/set?id=75601241

"Okay ready? You're gonna be cold in those shorts" Jake told me.

I smirked "No I won't"

"Okay then" He replied with a shrug. We walked out and started to walk to the beach.

"Jake, please don't tell them who I really am. I just want to feel normal" I pleaded.

"Alrighty little cuz, it's not like they would think you're Alyssa-Marie you don't have the wig. You can walk around without the wig and be normal anyways" Jake said. As Alyssa-Marie I hid my true identity. I have blue eyes while Alyssa-Marie wears green contacts and I have long brown wavy hair while she has long back wavy hair, it’s a wig.

"I wish it was that easy it's more complicated than you think" I replied and we had already gotten to the beach. I saw one girl whom was Leah and saw 7 boys. 5 of them were like Jakes' height and buff like him (not as buff though) and 2 boys who looked about 13 or 14 years old. The boys turned.

"Hey guys" He told the boys and they replied with 'Hi's' and 'Hey's'.

"This is my cousin Alyssa she is staying with us for the summer" Jake said. That's when the two little boys stepped up.

"Hey Beautiful" One said. I smiled

"How cute" I said and patted his head like a dog.

"Forget about all of them and let's go some place alone. Just you and me and we can do whatever you want" He said with a wink and tried touching my butt.

I fake laughed and pushed his arm away "Try anything you won't live to regret it" I said angrily I hated guys like that.

"Tochy" The other said and the two boys snickered.

"Just throw them in them water" One of the boys said.

"Uh no, there'd be no point because he is strong enough to swim back right away and he'd get out not even being cold because his body temperature would just burn off the water." I replied looking at my nails. "And breaking his bones wouldn't work either because he would heal right away" Everyone looked at me wide eyed.

"What are you talking about?" One boy asked acting like he was confused.

"I know of your kind. I know you boys and Leah" I said moving my eyes to Leah. "Are werewolves, or shape-shifters however you want to say. Or better yet "Horse-sized wolves" I've heard that before too." I said with a chuckle and rolled my eyes.

"How do you know?" Leah asked.

"My brother, Travis remember him Jake?" I turned and asked Jake. He nodded.

"Well he phased when I was about 12. We were busy arguing and we were both heated so much. He phased right in front of me and I was standing too close" I heard gasps. I licked my thumb and wiped off some cover up off the corner of the left side of my forehead. I usually hid my forehead scar."Yeah, I was standing too close and he phased so I got this" I pointed to the scar "And this" I said and lifted up the sleeve to my shirt.

"Woah" I heard one say

"That's scary" I heard Leah say.

"Not really. It wasn't a big surprise to me that he phased we all knew he was going too just not sure when" I answered nonchalantly.

"Wait what do you mean you knew?" Jake asked.

"Sami was a shape shifter as well" I replied with a huge grin on my face "The first time she phased I was about 9. There was a knock at the door and Travis was busy playing video games while Sami was at a friend’s house. I was in my play area playing with my dolls. Travis didn't pay attention to the door so I answered the door and it was this lady she tried to take me and that's when Sami arrived just in time. Sami yanked me from the girls arms but the lady pushed her and they started fighting like really fighting and Travis came out as my parents pulled in and once the lady saw my parents get out of the car she ran. My sister started yelling at my brother I thought she was gonna yell her lungs out and that's when she started to shake. My father and mother ran up to us and my mom told Travis to grab me and back off and poof suddenly Sami was a wolf. They explained the legends and stuff to me and after that I knew of wolves" I replied with a shrug of my shoulders.

"You said she was a shape-shifter what do you mean was?" Leah asked concerned

"Well she uh died in a car accident when I was about 15." I lied they couldn't know they would be in danger.

"I didn't even know Lyss" Jake said. I shrugged.

"It's whatever I guess. Things happen you just gotta move on" I replied and shrugged. Truth is; I have always missed Sami. I just can't tell them anything because they will be in danger and I can't let anyone else die for me.

"Anyways, want to introduce me to these cuties" I smirked to Jake and winked to the boys and they all chuckled.

"Well these two knuckleheads are Collin and Brady" He said pointing to the little boys who had been hitting on me. They tried shaking my hand

"Touch me in any way, shape or form you'll be sorry" I growled. The boys and Leah busted out laughing.

"This is Paul" Paul stepped forward and we held hands

"Hey beautiful" I rolled my eyes.

"This is Jared"

"Hello" He told me nodding to me and I nodded back

"Embry" we both waved to one another "Hi cutie" I laughed.

"And last but not least little Seth" Jake said

"But of course you should remember him you two used to make mud pies together remember Lyss" Leah said nudging me and I laughed blushing a bit. I remembered and I remember having a small crush on him, but that eventually went away. Now that I see him dang! He is tall and buff and very, very, very cute! He has nice abs and a great smile.

"Hey Seth nice to see you again" I told him with a slight wave. He waved back with his cute grin, but then suddenly looked dazed. The boys all started to laugh except Jake. I looked at him and saw the look in his eyes. I knew that look he just imprinted. Seth, one of my oldest and bestest friends just imprinted on me. Suddenly, those feelings for him started to come back and I knew they weren't there already just because of the imprint it was too soon for me to feel it, but because I still had feelings for Seth. Thank God Jesse and I are broken up.

"Awhh that's so adorable!" I squeal

"Seth" Jake growls

"Im-" Seth starts. I walk up to him.

"Don't be sorry" I tell him and touch his abs making him shiver and I chuckle.

"Cute" I smirk and walk back to Jake.

"One day you will be my sister" Leah says with a wide grin

"I thought I already was like one offended" I say while putting my hand over my heart. Everyone laughs.

"I like her" Paul said and he and I high fived.

"So are we just gonna stand here or?" I ask the boys.

"Cliff diving?” Jared suggests. We all nod

"Sure" I say