Ch.19

Dirk pulls away from Jake and holds him close to him allowing his face to press into the blonde's chest. Jake keeps his arms around him and holds on ever so tightly, not wanting to let him go.

"Jake...please...don't even do this again...." Dirk whispers.

"I'm so sorry....I'm sorry Dirk...." He says with a sniffle.

"Look we're going to get through all of this okay?...you're not alone and never will be. We are here. I'm here. Whenever you need me...you know how to get.in touch...I just want to be able to help you..but I can't if I'm left in the dark....alright? Promise...me....jake. please...?" He looks down at the Brit who was sniffling and unable to let go of his beloved. Jake nods slowly and accepts another kiss from the Strider.

"Good....now...down to business...I came here to get you. We have to leave..but that one guy is probably watching and waiting and is most likely pissed off now that I'm here..."

"What do we do?"

"Good question and i have the perfect answer. But first we will need your dog Bec,"

"Bec?"

"Just trust me okay?"

"I do...I trust you..."

Dirk nods with a small smile and puts his shades back on. He stands and prepares for his ideal plan.

Meanwhile, Jack continued to wait for the blonde to leave the home, hoping that English had gotten rid of him for good. However, too much time had passed and he knew that could only mean one thing. He growls with anger and frustration as his patience began to run dry.

"How annoying..." He groans, but then notices two figures rushing out the house. It was Dirk being chased by the dog of the family Bec. God knows how old of mutt he really was. Jack continued to stare as Bec barked at Dirk and chased him to his truck confusing him. "Did he send his mutt to go after him?" He notices a bullet wound to his shoulder and stares. "What the hell is going on...?" He keeps watching just as Jake steps out pointing his pistol in Dirk's general direction. Dirk looked as if he was in and was baring his fangs. He slowly gets in the driver's seat and Jake in the other all while keeping his gun at Dirk's head. Bec hops into the Bec and lays down. "Where are they going? And what are they doing?" He quickly packs up his things and jumps into his car and drives off after them realizing that their route was a way to the forest. He glares as he follows behind at a distance. Jake sits in the driver's seat as he heads down the road, while Dirk lays in the back covered up with a few red stains on the cover. Jake stops before the forest and steps out the car. He goes to the back and picks up Dirk leaving the cover on. He whistles as Bec jumps down holding a shovel in his mouth as he follows jake into the forest. Jack pulls up behind the truck and tries to think again.

"What is he up to...?"

Jake continued to walk and ignores the eyes that he feels staring at him intently. He stops in the middle of the trees and sets Dirk on the ground. He takes the shovel from Bec and pet shops head.

"Thanks Ol' Chum," he says with a sad smile. Bec barks and sits awaiting for anymore commands.

Once Jake finishes digging he sets Dirk down and stares at him.

"So in the end your sanity has left..." Jack steps forward and grins. Jake turns to him with an empty gaze.

"In the end...we would die anyway...."

"Very noble...you plan to die too," he says chuckling.

"Not exactly noble at all mate...rather cowardly..."

"Same thing, English...well I can just end your life now...but i need that robe..you have no time left after tomorrow....and if i don't receive it.." he pulls a blade out and holds it to Jake's neck. "I'll kill the rest of your friends....understand?" Jake swallows hard and stares at him he nods slowly. Jack grins and pulls back but then swings his arm slicing Jake's shoulder. Jake cringes and kneels clutching onto it as the blood flows through his fingers. Jack laughs.

"Well I will leave you to grieve now...see you another time Jacob English..." Jack turns and walks away leaving a rather terrified Jake.

After a few moments he sighs, "It's all clear everyone..." A hatch opens below the cover.

"Get in!" Roxy shouts. Jake holds his shoulder and jumps down landing on his feet as Roxy closes up the hatch door. Jake stands carefully and winces at his shoulder.

"Jake!" Dirk runs over before anyone could and looks at his shoulder his eyes glowing.

"We had to hold him back so he wouldn't go apeshit and by we I mean me," Dave says.

"I..I'm okay Dirk.....Dirk?" Dirk rips a bit of the sleeve covering the cut and inhales deeply. Jake watches him feeling an intense heat burst in his face as it turns red. Dirk licks his shoulder drinking up his blood slowly. Jake shivers blushing.

"Hey hey take that shit to a room!" Roxy says.

"Dirk please control yourself..." Rose says. Dirk pulls away from Jake and sighs.

"S..sorry...kind of got carried away..."

"Not surprised your time of feeding is almost here," Rose says.

"Okay okay let's all sit down!" Roxy shouts and pulls up a table with chairs and a bunch of diagrams. "Messy I know but hey I'm designing the look of a new gun! Its exciting! Anyway! So we all know the situation. We all know that which ever path or plan we choose, we could possibly die. So are willing to take that risk?"

"I am." Everyone turns to Jake as his shoulder was being bandaged by his sister who stared at him with a worried gaze.

"Jake.."

"I'm willing to risk my life....if it means to protect the ones I love...and to keep others safe....I'll do it.."

"Ill agree with him," Dirk says.

"We all should at this point right? We are already caught in a major gamble," Jane says smiling.

"Yup!" John shouts.

"Alright then Rosie?"

"Here is our plan for now, but if this does not work, we will have to come up with something else,"