How you met him (Bones)

You quickly hurried to the Starfleet Shipyard. You were already ten minutes late and you didn't want to be left back this time. You rushed inside, taking a seat and setting your bag in your lap, looking around as you waited patiently.

The small and quiet murmurs around the room were interrupted as a man was pushed in, sitting down next to who you recognized as James Kirk. You didn't turn back to see them though, not wanting to seem rude for staring.

"I may throw up on ya." You heard the words come out from the man that came in earlier, having sat down right behind you.

"I think these things are pretty safe." Kirk commented, raising a brow at the panicking state of the man.

"Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait'll you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you're still so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." The man quickly said as he looked around for a moment, his eyes landing on you momentarily before staring back at Kirk.

"Well, I hate to break this to you, but Starfleet operates in space." Kirk stated the obvious. You were clearly now eavesdropping on their conversation, not that it wasn't too bad since they were only talking about space.

Besides...

You were bored and alone.

Heh.

"Yeah. Well, I got nowhere else to go. The ex-wife took the whole damn planet in the divorce. All I got left is my bones." This caught your attention as you couldn't help but snort.

Both men turned to look at you, both staring at you for a moment. "What?" You said nonchalantly, turning your head so you could see them better. "Have I seen you before?" Leonard asked, raising a brow as he stared at you intently.

You suddenly blushed as you remembered when a certain friend had gotten you drunk in the pub, leaving you abandoned soon after as she left with a man, leaving you clueless as to how you were going back home.

Fortunately, before anything bad could happen, Leonard happened to be there, both Jim and him having gone there for some drinks.

"My my, look at this beautiful lady" A man slurred to you, trying to flirt with you as you tried to calm the big headache you were having. You had done everything you could to let him know you wanted to be alone, but it seemed nothing went through the man's peanut brain.

"Listen pal~" You stopped for a moment as you hiccuped. "I already told ya... Leave me the fuck alone..." You spat back, looking at your drink, but suddenly being pinned back against the wall.

You furrowed your eyebrows as he man leaned close to your face, his intense breath of alcohol hitting you like a truck. "Fiesty~ I like it" He said, his hands rubbing your sides in such an improper way.

You tried to squirm out of his grasp, only to be pressed harder against the wall. "Leave. me. the. fuck. alone" You said once again slowly, trying to see if this times he did process what you said.

"Hmmm I think not~" He said, brushing a strand of hair behind your ear. "Now I am g-" He was interrupted by another voice, a male voice. "She said to leave her alone" The man, who was Leonard said, making the man's attention go to him.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do if I don't want to?" He slurred at him, Leonard smirking as he cracked his neck. "This" And with that, he simply punched the man straight in the nose, making his grip on me lessen as he stumbled backwards.

"Are you ok?" He asked you with concern, his words echoing as you nodded and leaned back against the wall for support.

"Thank you sir" You replied gratefully, smiling at him with your eyes half closed. "Oh please, do call me Leonard. Leonard McCoy." He smiled back at you.

You haven't forgotten that honest and genuine smile, not a fake one. That day, he had helped you back home safely and without problems.

You soon snapped back to reality, glancing at Leonard as you nodded and offered him your hand. "Of course, You helped me back there in the pub, not mentioning how you were kind enough to take me home" You said, smiling at him which caused Kirk to smirk.

Before you could say anything else, you were interrupted by the intercom, giving an announcement of your lift off.

"Anyways, thank you for helping me..." You tapped your chin in thouht as you smiled slightly "Thank you Bones" You shook hand with him and quickly turned around, looking at your hands intently as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Bones?" You heard him murmur to himself as he sat back. Unknown to you, he was smiling to himself. "I like it" He told Jim who nodded in agreement.

After that, you didn't see him much, but you would always go back to his mind every now and then, never forgetting how you were the first one to create his new nickname, now being recognized like that in the Academy.

"Hey Bones! Thanks for helping me with my homework!" Or "Bones! Let's get a drink sometime" He had already gotten accustomed to the nickname... and he liked it now.

Maybe he liked you too...

But he wasn't really sure about it.

Yeah he definitely liked you.

That is when he remembered....

He never got your name, which would be a problem since he wouldn't be able to localize you, something he wanted to do.

I'll find you mystery girl.