He asks you out (Chekov)

"(Y/N) Zanks for helping me wiz my work" Chekov told you happily, the both of you making your way to the cafeteria to have some lunch since it was your break.

You smiled at him genuinely, setting your papers down on a table as you both sat down, him in front of you.

"Pavel, you know it is not a problem, besides, today we had programed to hang out together and watch some movies" You told him, his gaze lightening up as he nodded enthusiastically "Zat's right! Zanks" He said once again as he went for his food while you waited in the table.

*time skip brought to you by my exhaustion*

"I tell you Jim! Those two are perfect together, but silly Pavel is just too shy" Sulu spoke, watching as you and Pavel animatedly chatted, your smile seeming to always make him really happy.

Sulu watched as Chekov reached for your hand to take but immediately changed his actions as he acted as he dusted off something from the table.

Jim tapped his chin in thought, turning Sulu's chair as he turned off the cameras and smiled at him mischeviously. "I got a plan" He said almost mysteriously, the small light on the room casting shadows against his face, making him almost seem creepy.

Sulu shared the same smile with him, his face casted with shadows.

A click was heard and the lights were turned on as Uhura stood on the doorway with a confused look. "Uh guys? What are you doing?"

*another time skip brought to you by whale sounds*______________*

"Captain on ze bridge!" Chekov exclaimed, everyone turning their heads to look at Jim, including you. Jim nodded at him and glanced at Sulu quickly before he sat on his chair.  He started giving the first orders of the day.

You were rather suspicious as to why Sulu and Kirk kept sharing glancez, but you shrugged it off as you turned to look back at your monitor.

At some point in the day, Jim stood up, fixing his shirt as he made his way to Chekov and set a hand on his shoulder, him looking up in confusion.

"Howz can I help you Kepten Kerk?" Chekov asked politely, Jim leaning in and whispering something to his ear. After a moment, he nodded as he stood up from his work area, lookign at your curious expression with an assuring smile as he headed out of the control room, following Jim.

"What was that all about Sulu? Did Chekov do something wrong?" You asked your coworker, furrowing your eyebrows as you didn't get any answer, turning to face him only to see him looking at his screen intently.

"Sulu? What- Oof!" You exclaimed, sitting next to him forcefully since he was basically clutching your sleeve. You were too busy with what you were seeing in the screen to even care about scolding Sulu.

In the screen, an image of a room appeared, the door opening and closing as Chekov and Jim appeared in the camera, the both of them sitting down on Jim's desk. "In vhat can I help youz Kepten?" The young Russian asked, fidgeting with his hands as he looked at his lap.

"Chekov, you have done nothing wrong, I just have a question for you" He explained before Pavel could get any more nervous. He looked up at Jim with a curious expression, though he just nodded, motioning for him to continue.

"I have noticed certain behavior towards Navigator (Y/N), by any chance do you like her?" Jim asked, going straight to the point. Chekov was too busy with blushing as red as a tomato, his fidgeting becoming more notorious.

"V..vell sir, I zink so, I do like (Y/N)" Your mouth dropped open, Sulu smiling as he pushed an intercom to you, though you were paying more attention to the scene in front of you.

"And if that is so, why haven't you asked her out? You have known her for quite a while" He said in an interested tone, Chekov's blush never ceasing as he let out the breath he had been holding in.

"B-Because I don't zink she will vant to go out. She only zees me as a friend" He confessed in almost a sad tone, looking down at his hands once again.

It was then when you reacted, grabbing the intercom as you pressed a button. "Pavel? Why do you think I would not go out with you?" You spoke, your voice resonating on the room, making him jump as he looked around, spotting the camera as he blushed.

He hid behind Jim's chair who was trying not to laugh, though he seemed to be supporting your relationship. "S-So is zat a yez?" He asked in a squeak as he stared at the camera.

You didn't answer as you had run off, moving through the halls as fast as you could to get to where the both of them where. Chekov's gaze had saddened once again at the lack of response as he sat down, Jim seeming confused at that.

You soon bursted in through the door, your hands on your knees as you heaved for breath. "P-Pavel" You said, walking to him as you hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"I would love to go out with you" You said with a wide smile as he smiled a toothy grin, picking you up and kissing your blushing face.

Finally a chapter! Sorry for taking long.