the drive

"no," i flat out refused, "i'm not doing it."

"i don't recall anyone giving you a choice." he fired back.

i was already getting nervous at the thought of doing it. the screams of my sisters relayed into my head like a tormented broken record. i can't do it. there was no way i could rip a family apart.

"if it makes it easier you can use one of or silenced guns." he rolled his eyes, as if that was an inconvenience to him.

i stood there with a blank expression as tyler reached for something in a black garbage bag that was under his bed.

"take this to your room and put it on." he handed me a the same skeleton jump-suit onesies that the 'skeleton clique' wear.

"where's my room?" i asked him, taking the suit.

"right across from mine." he smirked.

i heavily sighed and walked out of his room. i stood in front of door across of his, and just stared at it.

there was name already carved into the wall, but it was scratched away to hell so the name couldn't be seen anyway.

none of the letters could be made out, but they were there.

i opened the door to find a room that looked almost identical to tylers. it had a bed, and that was it. a small concrete room with a bed.

the bed didn't even look comfortable.

as i took off my clothes and began putting on the skeleton suit, i felt so wrong. what was i about to get myself into?

i put on the outfit, leaving off the hood.

my feet dragged across the floor as i left the room and saw that everyone else was in the common room.

"it's go time." tyler announced, slipping on his black ski mask.

everyone else, except patrick, had the skeleton suites on, but with the hoods on. i hesitantly followed in their footsteps and put the hood on and zipping it up fully to reveal the creepy skeleton face on the fabric.

i stood next to dallon after we left out of the pothole and back into the dead of night. they group was being led by tyler to a location.

the location was an alley way that had my parents car parked in it.

i couldn't shake this bad feeling but i tried hard not to lose my mind as i calmly sat in the same seat that i was in when the attack happened.

i sat in between dallon and brendon, the two killers of this whole operation. tyler sat in the front with pete who was driving and ryan was sitting in the very back. patrick stayed behind.

my mind was all over the place.
what could i really do at this point?

i couldn't take on both brendon and dallon. pete would probably burn me alive before i can get 5 feet away from them. there was no way i could win.

my thoughts were interrupted when dallon asked the one question that haunts me,

"are you using a knife or gun?"

"give him the gun," tyler answered for me, "it's his first time."

dallon reached into a duffle bag and pulled out a gun with a silencer on it. i took it, and the cold and heavy weight gave me chills.

i now decided who lives and dies with this in my hand. but that isn't who i'm supposed to be.

i just stared at it through the mesh of the sweater that was supposed to represent skeleton eyes.

my brain started planning different ways for me to escape. i could shoot pete and the car would spiral out of hand. i could then get brendon, dallon, and ryan.

that would give them a taste of their own medicine.

i snapped out of my thoughts when they seemed to be parking the car in a man-made path that was in the woods.

everyone hopped out of the car and i slowly followed behind them.

and that's when i realised what the bad feeling was about.