death of the enemy pt. 2

"lookin' for me?" tyler smiled.
mikey looked shocked as to what was happening, but gerard still had the look of anger and hatred.

"you p-piece of shit!" gerard groaned in pain as he stood up, despite the damage inflicted on his leg and the clear amount of pain he was in.

"guys come on out, we got some work to do." tyler announced to the clique, we all complied, standing with him as we watched gerard struggle.

"you really think you can beat me, tyler joseph?" gerard grunted.
"i already have." tyler remarked.

gerard laughed as he finally gained balance back,
"you haven't seen anything yet."
out of impulse, gerard took out two guns began to fire both of them rapidly at us. we all took cover as before with surprisingly nobody injured.

"guys there's no way he's gonna be able to get us if we go now, there's an escape hatch that leads to the roof, we can easy get out through the fire escapes." tyler announced, rather loudly and unexpectedly.
"escape?! we can't just leave them here while they're still alive." i disagreed.

"josh we have to!" tylers voice sounded rather exaggerated. the rest of the group agreed, it looked to be that i was the only one confused and against it.

everyone began running to the escape hatch which was near us, just a mere ten feet away. pete and i began helping people up to the ladder that led to the hatch. once the last person was up, pete asked me to help him, and so i did.

when he was up he continued to climb the hatch, not stopping to help me up. i couldn't reach the ladder otherwise, no matter how far i jumped. i stood there and confused until i felt someone roughly grab my shirt, scraping my skin along the way.

it was gerard who threw me onto the ground and began kicking me senselessly. blow after blow i managed to grab his foot, causing him to lose balance and fall over.

i tried catching my breath and regaining stamina but gerard caught me off guard again, holding me down as he impaled me sharply with his knife. it was directly on the wound dallon inflicted on me the first day.

i felt the metal sink it's way into my flesh as the thick red liquid poured out as i tried getting up, but it was no use. i was losing oxygen and my strength with every drop of blood that left me.

i tried holding my wound to stop the bleeding but it was no use with the knife still in it. there was only one thing i could do at this point. while i laid there on the ground, now surrounded in a puddle of my own blood i grabbed the blood drenched knife handle and pulled it quickly out.

i yelled in agony as it didn't help with the pain and blood still continued to leave my raw and freshly opened wound. i saw gerard standing over me before he roughly pulled me so i was now on my knees and bleeding profusely.

and that's when i heard it. the clique talking and their conversation was audible from the still open hatch.

"alright guys we gotta go!"
"and josh?"
"getting him back is only a risk, he's not worth."
"he's right, let's go."
"he'd only slow us down anyway."
"we don't need him."

my heart began to sink into my stomach as i felt the iron-tasting liquid come up my throat. i let it drip from my open mouth as i was beginning to feel more pain from what i heard than the pain the wounds on my body were causing.

they closed the hatch, leaving me with the psychopath gerard way as i bled out. i felt my throw well up and my vision was getting blurry from tears. so that's what it felt like.