The big boom

Have you ever had that feeling where your heart seems to have jumped out of your chest and up into your throat staying there making it hard to breathe. Normally I would breez though races, not once running out of breathe or even starting to pant. I would always be top in my track classes whatever school I was transferred to. To the outside world I probably looked super human. Usain bolt can kiss my ass. Although I was a spy, I forgot I was racing a assassin.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Connor close behind me. Not looking like he even has broke a sweat. God damn him.

My legs were burning as I pushed them hard. Kicking up the red gravel of the track beneath me. The soles of my trainers were thinning buy the minute, beads of sweat were forming at the nape of my neck. But I continued. Aching and sweating, burning to achieve the satisfaction of winning. I can see the boys laps behind. Just me and Connor bolting down our lanes.

"you alright babe, you know I'd totally understand it you want to give up" the smugness In his voice didnt go unnoticed as well as the fact he was tring to distract me. Well Connor always has been one big distraction.

"afraid, your gunna lose con" the small smirk intantly disappeared at the use of his old nick name.

"I wouldnt be so confident, especially since that guy over there hasn't taken his eyes of you since you arrived" I mentally did a victory dance and the pant in his sentence. Before replying his word, shit.

He nodded in the direction of the crowd, but he was in the outside lane blocking my view, also trying to interpret what who he has nodding while running is trickier than it looks.

"why are you concerned?" I wanted it to come out, strong and sarcastic. But it came out like a whispered squeak.

He smirked "well if your dead then I won't have anyone to annoy so.. I guess you could say I'm concerned" as he finished his sentence a small genuine smile took over his face.

I knew he was joking I'm not that naive, but my heart still clenched. But only for about a second, until he regained self control and turned into the jerk I hate.

Tilting his head back this arms pushed faster, he took the lead. Bloody arse, he knew that would distract me.

I had to be in awe at his determindation, I lent forward and worked my arms faster as well. However something was off. I didn't know what. The wind seemed to flat, the cheers of the crown turning into white,mumbled noise, the shout were quiet and judging by the goosepimmles my spy's sixth sense coming into play. Too bad it was too late.

BOOM

The slow motion it has to be my favourite part, well if you had to choose.Those spilt seconds before you hit the ground feel like minuites. Waiting for the impact can almost be peaceful, the earth beneath your feet get further and further away slowly your floating though the air, completely weightless your eyes close and the wind blows your hair softly into your face. Gravity switches, and you narrowly miss flying objects spilt by the blast. You momentarily forget what's happening and hold on to this peace that you don't know when you'll get again. Spy's don't get breaks, we power though ever task until the day we die.

But the quiet ends and whats happening comes flooding back , you frantically run questions though you mind like 'they must have been at close range' or 'who did it' your memory running though the faces you whizzed by moments before. But then the undenialable sickening feeling takes it's place. The blood and the pain of your own body means nothing when behind you disaster is crashing and splinting. The proud mothers and fathers gathering to see their child win, all stuck down. Families being ripped apart befor your eyes. But your paralyzed in mid air. The students who you've grown to love, the presences taken without a second thought. Who would do such a thing. Why. But you can't ask yourself that you have to take the blame. I have to take the blame, if I wasn't their would this happen? The answer is always yes, but then the facts that follow are the scariest of all. They know I am here.

That was my last thought before I hit the ground.

........................................................

OH MY BLOODY GOD

Gghvhjjghjghyjnbbjbmm

I know I haven't updated in forever but over 1,000 reads. Ahhhhhhh.

Thank you guys so much!

I'll update soon.

Xxx