Chapter 1

Carmen's P.O.V 

Ms. Dove and I wear walking to Ms. Peregrines loop, I'm going to live with them from now on because my loop was destroyed and Ms. Dove and I wear the only ones who got out. we walk up to the door and I ring the door bell. All of a sudden the door opens and a tall women is standing there smoking a pipe "welcome Carmen, come in, come in" I walk into the house with my bags and Ms. Dove fallows in behind me. I look around and it's beautiful, Ms. Peregrine walks in front of me "CHILDREN COME DOWN" she yells upstairs. I hear a bunch of foot steps running down stairs, suddenly all these children run downstairs. They all tell me there names and there specialties, there's Clair with a mouth at the back of her head, Olive that can control fire, Emma that is lighter then air, Horace who can projected his dreams, Fiona who can make things grow, Hugh who was bees living inside him, Millard who is invisible and the twins but I dont know there specialties. There was one more boy but he didn't say anything, I walked up to him "hello there what's your name?" I ask smiling. He looks up at me with piercing blue eyes, I look him up and down. He's really cute, the boy just scoffs and walks to the back of the children "that's Enoch, he's mean like that" Clair says smiling up at me "no, I don't think he's mean maybe he's just a little upset today" I reply smiling at her "well I'm Carmen and my specialty in ice and snow" I say smiling at all of them.

I'm about to walk up stairs with my bags when Miss. Peregrine stopped me "no Carmen you are new hear, Enoch please bring her bags up" she says sweetly, in a mater of seconds Enoch comes in and carries my bags up to my room, I fallow slowly behind him. We reach my room and he forcibly puts my bags down but before he can leave I grab his arm and turn him around "thank you Enoch" I say sweetly. He looks into my eyes again but he doesn't reply, he just looks down again and walks away.

Miss said that diner was soon and that I had to get ready, I quickly put on a blue dress and run down stairs. When I get down there everyone's sitting down and the only open seat is next to Enoch. I slowly walk to the seat and sit down. Everyone starts eating and talking "het Carmen can you show us some of your power" Fiona says smiling at me "only if it's okay with Miss" I reply, everyone looks at Miss. Peregrine ans she nods. With that I snap my fingers and it starts to snow in the dining room. All the kids start to laugh and clap there hands, Olive and Emma are looking around smiling. Everyone's happy except for one person, that's right Enoch "Enoch isn't this amazing" Clair says smiling "it's all right" he replies looking around. I look at him and smile "what are you smiling at" he asks looking at me "I finely herd you speak.....I like your accent it's very nice" I reply, he just smirks at me a little then looks down again.

A couple of hours later we are all about to go to bed, I'm about to go up stairs when Miss. Peregrine stops me "Carmen tomorrow try t get to know Enoch a little, I think he'll like you" she tells me kindly. I nod my head and walk up stairs.