Chems and Noren

The Storyteller: FALLOUT S2 E10 - Chems

*Edna's camera showing Storyteller watching a Khans giving some chems to Fiends*

"What's going on there?" Blake ask.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, it doesn't look good." Yang said.

"Supply and demand. The root of all economics. If you're dying of thirst, you'll pay whatever it takes for a bottle of Nuka Cola. When you're out of ammo, and facing down a mob of raiders, you'll hand over a whole crate of soda for a couple of shotgun shells." Storyteller.

"That's true." Ren said, he does have the highest grade in economics.

"Those Khans over there have a supply of "Recreational chemicals", and those Fiends in the funny outfits - they're all hooked on chems. Supply and demand. Once you got a customer addicted to chems, you got a customer for life... however long that might be." Storyteller.

"So are chems some kind of drug?" Blake ask. Both Yang, Nora and Ren flinch.

*Chems to two jet on the ground well two people fight some raiders*

Most chems are based on pre-war medical supplies that once served some benevolent purpose. They can help the sick recover from injuries and illness, and can provide an edge in combat for those who bite off more than they can chew.

"So chems are just slang for drugs." Yang said, as everyone else say 'oh!'

*Addicted women to Chem Party*

Then there are those who want to live fast and die young. They use 'em just for fun - and in dangerous combinations. A dose of Mentats with a whiskey chaser and it's Party Time!

Yang look down, well Nora look at Ren.

The problem for chem pushers is that pre-war meds are rare, and making your own requires lots of resources, plus and understanding of science.

"Yeah, that's what happens when no one is reading books." Blake said.

*Diane and Jack making chems to a farm of Brahmin*

After the Great War, the dealers needed something that could be manufactured in the modern world, using readily available materials, and not much gets manufactured any more. About the most abundant resource the Wasteland has is Branhmin shi-

*Brahmin ass*

'Sound' Brahmin.

Yang and Nora laugh their pants off, well Blake and Ren only smirk.

*Man shovel up some shit*

There's not many people with degrees in chemistry, but anyone can shovel Brahmin sh-

*Brahmin*

'Sound' Brahmin.

Now Blake is joining Yang and Nora laughter.

*Young man working on chems to him talking to the Chosen One*

About forty years ago, a clever young man in New Reno discovered a way to turn that plentiful resource into a product that could be sold all over the wasteland. He was a boy genius and if he'd been born three hundred years ago he would probably been a distingushed doctor.

"Impressive." Ren said.

In New Reno, he ended up helping the Mordino crime family make new chems out of anything that could be smoked, injected or snorted.

Yang flinch at 'smoked', well Nora look at Ren on 'injected'.

*Brahmin farm to graveyards*

He learned that when Brahmin were fed certain protein extracts, their dung would give off peculiar fumes. Anyone inhaling that gas would get all hopped up, and full of pep. Took 'em a while to get the formula just right - the graveyard outside of New Reno is full of test subjects who OD'd on the experimental formulas.